What's new

Cancelled TV Shows DVD Release Dates (1 Viewer)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
It's funny how they thought the audience needed to think it was always the same Lassie. After all, after twenty years on the air, it just couldn't be the same Lassie!
So, why couldn't they have said that Jeff gave Timmy one of Lassie's daughters -- and Timmy gave the ranger one of Lassie's daughter's daughters -- all named Lassie, of course -- and have Jeff and then Timmy go off in the sunset with their Lassie, just as they would in real life?
We'd have accepted it ... but, no, television so often has to take the stupid way out.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I read somewhere that from 1954 to 1973 they actually went through SIX "Lassies". I have to admit 19 years is a LONG life for a Collie. (That would translate to 133 "Doggie" Years!)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Not much going on so far this month. I took out all the releases that have already come out and added "C.O.P.S." to the rumors section...well, January is a typical slow month for this stuff anyway. Let's hope the classic releases scheduling picks up this year, for all the studios.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Added thirtysomething season 3 and Marcus Welby. Now this is for everybody who said, 'oh they'll never release Marcus Welby, Cannon, or Barnaby Jones.' Yeah, they will. I think I was one of those who never thought we'd see those 3 shows, particularly. Now we're getting them, so go out and buy them and we'll get even more!

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Gary OS /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread#post_3629442
Quote:
Guess that's directed squarely at me. That's OK. I'm not happy about thinking we are on the downside of classic TV on DVD. Believe me, I'd much rather see evidence that supports we are still seeing just as many vintage shows being released now as last year at this time. But the evidence does NOT support that.
From the looks of it in my perpective, this year appears to be shaping up.
We get continued releases of The Donna Reed Show, The Lucy Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, My Three Sons, Mister Ed, Rhoda and The Patty Duke Show (and hopefully Here's Lucy)
We get resumed releases of once-abandoned series such The Facts of Life and lo and behold, Leave it to Beaver (THE COMPLETE SERIES!)
And we are in January ... who knows what else is in store for the rest of this year!!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thanks to Shout and Timeless in particular, things are looking nice. When I compare this quarter with previous first quarters I still see a steady decline, but news like we got today makes me feel better. I still believe this is the last hurrah, but at least one of my holy grail shows is going to see a complete release (LITB).

Gary "thank goodness for Shout and Timeless - we'd be up the creek without those two indies" O.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Gary OS /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/60#post_3653838
Thanks to Shout and Timeless in particular, things are looking nice. When I compare this quarter with previous first quarters I still see a steady decline, but news like we got today makes me feel better. I still believe this is the last hurrah, but at least one of my holy grail shows is going to see a complete release (LITB).
Gary "thank goodness for Shout and Timeless - we'd be up the creek without those two indies" O.
Well, I am glad that there has been a considerable amount of classic television that has been released on DVD up to this point. And to think that classic television wasn't all that accessible before the TV-DVD age unless you had cable television or some local station that aired rerurns of the classics. Granted, there might be a steady decline of classic televison releases each passing year but, at least, it's something and not nothing.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney
Well, I am glad that there has been a considerable amount of classic television that has been released on DVD up to this point. And to think that classic television wasn't all that accessible before the TV-DVD age unless you had cable television or some local station that aired rerurns of the classics. Granted, there might be a steady decline of classic televison releases each passing year but, at least, it's something and not nothing.
I agree 100% with everything you wrote. Well said, Mike. We should all be grateful for the advent of TV on DVD, especially when it comes to the classics.
Gary "with this latest news about LITB I'm very close to having all my 'Holy Grail' shows completed" O.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Bump for Facts of Life and Leave it to Beaver! As I've been saying, if Shout takes off with these releases, they may conceivably be able to pick up the majority of Sony's abandoned shows. Time to make room on our dvd shelves!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Soooo...what if I teased the lot of ya' and said that I'm not done with classic TV news yet during this week? I mean, there ARE other companies than Shout!, y'know. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lambert
Soooo...what if I teased the lot of ya' and said that I'm not done with classic TV news yet during this week? I mean, there ARE other companies than Shout!, y'know. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif">
I'm all ears, David.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by David Lambert /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/90#post_3653954
Soooo...what if I teased the lot of ya' and said that I'm not done with classic TV news yet during this week? I mean, there ARE other companies than Shout!, y'know.
That's wonderful!
It's just... we don't really expect much news on the classics unless it's from CBS/Paramount or Shout, and you've already announced those releases for the week.
I see Gary has mentioned Timeless, but not Mill Creek or MPI. Those seem to be another couple of companies getting into the classic TV on DVD genre lately. And Mill Creek may or may not have the Fremantle Game Shows license.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by David Lambert /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/90#post_3653954
Soooo...what if I teased the lot of ya' and said that I'm not done with classic TV news yet during this week? I mean, there ARE other companies than Shout!, y'know. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif
I'm all ears too. Hopefully it is something good. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Soooo...what if I teased the lot of ya' and said that I'm not done with classic TV news yet during this week? I mean, there ARE other companies than Shout!, y'know.
Well, you just put a smile on my face, for starters! I'm really excited about Shout's efforts for one, and wish them nothing but success. If some other companies want to make us happy, then maybe we're getting back on track :)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /forum/thread/294898/classic-tv-release-date-thread/90#post_3654048
Well, you just put a smile on my face, for starters! I'm really excited about Shout's efforts for one, and wish them nothing but success. If some other companies want to make us happy, then maybe we're getting back on track :)
I am crossing my fingers that Shout! Factory will release a season soon of the other abandoned programs of Sony primarily All in the Family, The Jeffersons, and Diff'rent Strokes. At this point, we can just wait and see.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Soooo...what if I teased the lot of ya' and said that I'm not done with classic TV news yet during this week? I mean, there ARE other companies than Shout!, y'know. /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif">
How does Soul Train (Time Life) and Fresh Prince (Warner) grab y'all? If they don't, then more tomorrow. /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif
[url=http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fresh-Prince-Bel-Air-Season-5/13265]http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fresh-Prince-Bel-Air-Season-5/13265[/url]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks