Canadian Speaker- Acoustic Profiles???

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Curt Badry, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Curt Badry

Curt Badry Stunt Coordinator

Anyone heard of these speakers. The company is no longer in business. A friend of mine has a Pair of towers and center channel. They sound pretty decent. i was just wondering if anyone knows what happened to the company, if someone bought them out?

thanks.

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I remember them well, but they never seemed to do anything in the the States.

Good reviews up here, but Ian Marshall almost always gives good reviews.

B

3. SamTsenos

SamTsenos Auditioning

Sam Tsenos
    Yes, Acoustic Profiles was owned by Audiosphere and generally have had an excellent line of higher end speakers. A Canadian company based out of Markham. I still have and enjoy a set of Acoustic Profiles speakers in my home theater set up. The sound is easily compared to any audiophiles dream. I would buy my Acoustic Profiles speakers again and again. Angstrom is another company that is worth a look at as they offer great sound.
    Hope this helps.

4. Rivman

Rivman Auditioning

I know this is an old thread, but I also have an older AP PSL-C2 that I use for a rear surround in my present 6.1 HT setup. This speaker was initially used as a centre speaker in my first attempt at 5.1 surround sound, 15+ years ago, and is still working great in its present capacity. I replaced the original 5.1 surround system with a Polk Audio RMS6750 set about 5 years ago and the Acoustic Profile centre speaker fits in great as a single rear in a 6.1 HT setup.
    Like an old 'Timex' . . . it just keeps on ticking !