What's new

Can you guys give me some advice on my current sub? (1 Viewer)

Ryan P

Auditioning
I have had this particular driver for a long time and I love it. It's very similar to the stryke power 15 except it has a paper cone and dual 2ohm coils. I bought it directly from tc sounds. I recently built a new box:
2 1400 gram pr's, 145 liters, full power from mackie 1400i. So here's the deal, I can't get this thing to really rock. WHen the mackie clips it's moving about half its xmax. I have had this sub moving a solid 2 inches before, so there is no question whether or not it can do it. But I can't believe the 1200 or so watts isnt enough! (By the way it was moving 2" in a 100l box with one pr 'slapping away' and my 1000 watt car amp at 20hz and under, below 10 hz it will do over 3 inches!) I had mackie test the amp and they say its fine, but I still feel its weak, even though it passes. It might be my living room too, it has a very high slanted ceiling. I havent painted the box because Im not satisfied yet. Can you guys think of anything? I'll post pics in a little bit.

Thanks
Ryan

AndersP

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds to me that the tuning of your system is on the low side, that is the PR,s are on the heavy side.

- Have you measured the output of your system?

- Are you sure the amp is driven within its specs?

- If you are loading it with 2 Ohms/ch most overloadmargins are probably used up if you ask me.

Ryan P

Auditioning
I cant measure the output, no meter. The amp is 2ohm stable in stereo and 4 ohms brigded. I am starting to think it is low tuning Im comsidering buying different ones or attempting to lighten these up. I just need a good method to insure that they are balanced and even.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
what the wireing on the driver are you going for a 1 ohm bridged or are you using the 2 ohm stereo mode on the amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks