Can we please get "Cavalcade" added to the list?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by battlebeast, Jan 28, 2013.

1. battlebeast

battlebeast Screenwriter

Warren
    Can we please get "Cavalcade" added to the list?

2. Nick*Z

Nick*Z Second Unit

NICK
    No kidding! What an under seen and under referenced Oscar winner! Cavalcade on Blu? By all means - YES!

3. PODER

PODER Second Unit

PETER JABLONSKI
    Go, Noey!! And while we're on the subject of Mr. Coward, what about THE SCOUNDREL, in which he appeared? It won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay ... Hecht and MacArthur ... and features appearances by several members of The Algonquin Roundtable. A little known but quite wonderful fantasy film ...

4. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Supporting Actor

Edmund Lachmann
    It's my number one request to Fox for the full blu-ray treatment. And, I do hope they give us that instead of a standard DVD release. However, anything would be nice.

5. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I find it utterly perplexing that Fox created a DVD of "Cavalcade" and never released it outside of an expensive boxed set. I was okay with it as an exclusive for a while, but it's been more than two years - why not finally release it on its own?

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

+1 We've been patient for too long.

7. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    If you see TwilightTime around the site you can ask them if they are trying to get it from Fox, and/or put it in the "write-in" box every day so they will see the demand for it.

8. moviepas

moviepas Second Unit

Cavalcade, yes. I do have it but a poor copy. That expensive box set was not for most people on this site, we would have had all or most of those titles. Too hard to sell off those copies top get the box set!!! MGM/UA did the same trick with their box that included Goldwyn titles I wanted. Hopefully Warner will correct this now and on Blu Ray. Being suddenly aware that Warner has released Goldwyn's Wuthering Heights this month, I was not amused to see it is a DVD and not a Blu. makes little sense under the circumstances.

9. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I guess since Wuthering Heights was out of print for so long, they felt a DVD was sufficient, but naturally I wanted a Blu version to replace my old DVD.

10. battlebeast

battlebeast Screenwriter

Warren
    Me too!

11. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Supporting Actor

Edmund Lachmann
    Yes, what the hell is going on with these annoying retro-minded studios recently? New releases of SAMSON AND DELILAH, BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES, THE BISHOP'S WIFE and WUTHERING HEIGHTS in standard DVD ONLY releases. Do they think that ALL classic film collectors are neanderthals living in the 20th Century and have never heard of a blu-ray player? At least I'll save a bundle by NOT spending my money on any of them, as I have three of them on regular DVD already!