What's new

Can I do this on my Denon 3805? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Gould

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Gould
Can I have one video source selected, while listening to an audio source on a different input?

Lets say I want to watch TV (on the "DBS" video input), and wanted to listen to music on my computer (on the "V.Aux" input). I often watch sports events on TV, but listen to MP3s on my computer.

My old Onkyo receiver allowed this, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it on the Denon...

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
With My Yamaha, when you select an audio-only input, the picture from the last-selected video input stays on-screen. You might try that

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Aaron Gould

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Gould
Yeah, my old Onkyo worked that way -- when on a video input, you could switch to any of the audio-only inputs and hear that input while watching the previously selected video input.

But I can't seem to find a key on the remote or on the unit to toggle between audio inputs while leaving the video input alone.

The input that my computer is on is also set up for video (I have a component video out from my computer going to a component video in on the Denon); I watch DVDs/video files from my computer on the TV.

I wonder if that's preventing this from working...

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
page 67 of the manual
lower left corner

your remote, unfortunately, probably doesn't have this function. from what i understand, you can "teach" it this function using a 5803's remote, which does have this function.

Aaron Gould

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Gould
Thanks Scott.

You're right about the remote I think, I can't find it at all. I can't believe Denon would leave this off, quite an inconvenience.

At least it's possible I suppose...

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
my understanding is that the 5803 has this on it's remote and if you have access to one, you can let a 5803 remote teach the function to your remote via your remote's "learning" function.

i think people have gotten this function on 3rd party remotes, as well (they can be used as the "teacher", also).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks