What's new

Can anyone recommend a good audio program? (1 Viewer)

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I just bought a Dell computer and the music player software is really bad. My CD's sound horrible whenever I play them. Can anyone recommend a good software program for a guy who just has a two speaker system? Would a sound blaster live card be worth upgrading to? Thanks alot.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Try WinAmp, www.winamp.com
SBLives! are nice cards, but the newer Creative Audigy's are so f-ing sweet. I personally REALLY recommend the Hercules Game Theater XP, it sounds oh so good, has tons of options and can be had for $129. Plus Hercules keeps the drivers up to date on the card, something Creative doesn't do with the Live.

ThucN

Agent
To find a CD software player, go here: http://www.gracenote.com/players.html
Perform the search, and you'll get back a long listing of players to choose from.
The one I use is simply named "Player". It's small but simple, just what I wanted. Plus, it's CDDB-enabled, meaning with every disc you put in, the player will access the CDDB database to download track listings for that CD. If you haven't used this feature before, try it...you'll like it.
BTW, your current software CD player shouldn't have much effect (if any) on the sound quality of your CDs - unless your current player is using some equalization or DSP to mess up the sound.
------------------
TqN

Jason_A

Stunt Coordinator
You may want to see if it is your speakers that are causing the problem. Check out Altec-Lansing multimedia speakers there really good! I find that standard Windows Media Player without all the enhancements on works quite well.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks