What's new

Can anyone please explain Pulp Fiction? (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Gilbert --
Joking aside, here's my attempt at answering your questions:
you said:
Many reasons, but here are a few: The characters are fascinating; the events portrayed in the film unfold in unexpected ways that still link back to other parts of the film; and much of the dialogue is wickedly funny.
M.

David Oliver

Second Unit
The movie is about redemption and salvation.
Literally, Vincent Vega saves Mia Wallace. Butch saves Marcellus Waalace. Jules saves himself by saying he is leaving the business. The Wolf saves Vince and Jules when he comes to clean the dead body. Jules saves Tim Roth.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The movie is like Magnolia and Traffic, only with different characters, plot, and setting. It has a few stories but the characters may be in each story. Example: say that Mr. A gets killed on a thursday and you see that in story 1. He may be in story 2 because it takes place before that. Story 2 may even be about someone planning his death, which would explain why he was killed in story 1. All the stories and characters intertwine.
Its a good movie. Its intriguing because its very good.

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was Marcelus' soul in the briefcase, IE, the band-aid on the back of his neck, the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.??

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'll try to simplify it as much as possible. Pulp Fiction is a movie which contains interconnected stories told in an out-of-order fashion. It isn't until the end of the movie before the audience gets a totality of all the stories. What makes it endearing to lots of people is its way of telling those interconnected stories, its rapid fire dialogue, nostalgic 70's songs, pop culture references, and the "bad ass" factor.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I thought it was Marcelus' soul in the briefcase, IE, the band-aid on the back of his neck, the most beautiful thing you've ever seen.??
It's a popular theory, mostly on the internet. AFAIK, Tarantino and Avary have never confirmed it. I've always viewed the contents of the briefcase as a classic McGuffin.
M.

RicP

Screenwriter
The movie is like Magnolia and Traffic, only with different characters, plot, and setting.
laugh.gif
Sorry, but this struck me funny. It's just like that...only totaly different.
laugh.gif

------------------
http://www.ricperrott.com
Ric Perrott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks