Can anyone identify this or these movies from the 30's? My relative, Ivan B. Atcher is one of the sp

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DavidAtcher, Jun 22, 2011.

1. DavidAtcher

DavidAtcher Auditioning

I have photos of a relative of mine, Ivan B. Atcher, from a movie set, probably from the 30's. He was a dwarf and looks to be playing an angry spear throwing native. he was an extra but is in the scene with the probable stars of the movie. Any ideas what this movie is or who any of the other actors are?

Ivan B. Atcher is first wild man on the left.

Ivan is thought to be the far right crazed spear chucker.

2. DavidAtcher

DavidAtcher Auditioning

Here's one more that may help with identifying the movie diminutive Ivan Atcher was in. He is presumably posing in front of this poster to show folks back in Kentucky that he is famous!! H. Rider Haggard wrote the novel "King Solomon's Mines" which was made into a movie, but he was also a screen writer for many movies.

3. DavidAtcher

DavidAtcher Auditioning

The amazing editor, Bob King, hazarded his best guess and was correct! Very Impressive! The photos containing Ivan are from a 1935 serial called "The Lost City". There are videos on YouTube and at least one site where the whole 12 part series can be viewed. Thanks Bob!!

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Sorry nobody here could help, but thanks for the update. I love serials and will have to check it out.

5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Agreed. Thanks for the update David! Glad you got an answer.