What's new

Camp Classics From WB (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Though they've already probably decided on the contents for the next set, here's a suggestion (if WB is reading :) ) for what could easily be another 6-film WARNER LEGENDS OF HORROR VOLUME 2 this Halloween:

FRANKENSTEIN 1970 (Boris Karloff)
THE WALKING DEAD (Boris Karloff)

ZOMBIES ON BROADWAY (Bela Lugosi)
GENIUS AT WORK (Bela Lugosi, Lionel Atwill)

THE BEAST WITH FIVE FINGERS (Peter Lorre)
YOU'LL FIND OUT (Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Peter Lorre)

*THE SORCERERS is an oft-forgotten later film with Karloff that I believe Warner owns....?

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit

You can get a DVD of this film here in r2. Not of brilliant quality, as it is released by a "budget" label, but it is at least in OAR and is anamorphic.

I would love to see a second Horror boxset, and Beast With Five Fingers would be great!

Corey

Screenwriter
From DVD Savant:

It's great to see Warners digging deeper into its library, especially cracking open the Allied Artists vault. I personally don't mind the slightly derogatory inference that comes with the Camp Classics label, although Dick Dinman just told me that he's surprised to see Caged being treated like a campy women's prison film ... Eleanor Parker got an Oscar nomination for it and it's a very good movie, worthy of inclusion in a serious Noir set.

From the Classic Horror Film Board, Tom Weaver has leaked that the Volume One set will all have commentaries: "... some well-known FX guys-fans on Behemoth, Yvette Vickers and Weaver on 50 Foot Woman, and Laurie (The Queen) Mitchell and Weaver on Queen of Outer Space."

Zero Hour is of course the aerial jeopardy film that forms the basis for much of the movie Airplane! Also can't wait to hear the Dimitri Tiomkin music for Land of the Pharaohs in 5.1 Dolby .... Thanks for reading, Glenn Erickson

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

That's surprising. They would have inherited it through the Allied Artists/Lorimar library, and as recently as a few years ago they provided a new, cleaned-up (albeit panscanned) master for cable TV airings. Maybe the movie's reverted to a British producer in the interim?

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Picked up Volumes 3 and 4 - Historical Epics and Terrorized Travelers respectively - on Friday and so far have watched Land Of The Pharaohs, The Colossus Of Rhodes and Hot Rods To Hell, all of which looked very good in terms of image quality. Colossus was much better than I thought it would be but they were all entertaining even if Hot Rods To Hell was THE campiest so far - still had it's moments though. The ending of Pharaohs was worth having the dvd for in itself. Good to see Warners releasing movies like these.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm most excited about getting the Giant Behemoth. I was going to buy it seperately until I saw the box for Vol. 1, I like that I can get 2 other movies for about $7 more than the single release. I love Giant Monster movies, 50 Ft Woman sounds very interesting but not sure about Queen of Outer Space. I'm not going to bother with any of the other Vols., I have no interest in the other titles and I love collecting classic Sci-Fi movies.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
HOPE THEY RUSH RELEASE MORE FROM THEIR CATALOG.
THESE ARE ALL GEMS !!!!!!!!
HOPE "BURN, WITCH, BURN" , "ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS", and "NOT OF THIS EARTH" are not far behind !!!!!!!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
i have all the sets pre-ordered for $23 cdn each. Can't wait for them to show up!

I'll but pretty much whatever Warners releases in their camp/horror lines :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks