What's new

Cambridge SoundWorks Newton MC300 Center / Main Speakers (2 available) (1 Viewer)

GregC

Stunt Coordinator
A compact but powerful main or center speaker, the Newton MC300 uses two 4-inch midrange drivers and a 1-inch reinforced silk dome tweeter. The MTM (Midrange-Tweeter-Midrange) design produces a robust, wide-range, well-dispersed output with outstanding musical accuracy. These speakers are very easy to listen to for many hours without the usual ‘listener fatigue’ that accompanies so many speakers produced today.

The speakers can be hung on the wall, attached to a wall-mount bracket, set on a bookshelf, or attached to stands. These are lightly used and in excellent condition. They have never been over-driven or abused in any way.

When paired with my Marantz receiver they produced a very natural/neutral sound and were surprisingly revealing. These speakers excel at reproducing recordings in small settings, and are especially good with vocals. Would benefit from a subwoofer when playing rock, large orchestral pieces, or in a Home Theater setting.

I have two of these which I will sell together or separately. Each speaker comes with it’s own speaker stand for use when placing the speaker in a horizontal configuration. These would look great on the wall on either side of your flat panel, or anywhere a narrow speaker is preferred.

See pics (some reflections are apparent in the pics, these are NOT flaws in either the speaker or the cloth covers, which are in near-perfect condition).

Check out the excellent reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-SoundWorks-Newton-Series-Speaker/product-reviews/B000068PK6/ref=cm_cr_if_all_link?ie=UTF8&linkCode=xm2&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending&tag=ecoustics

Specs:

Color: Slate Grey
Dimensions: 13 ¼” (w) x 5 ¼” (h) x 6 ½” (d)
Weight: Approx. 7 lbs.

Speaker complement (in an MTM (Midrange-Tweeter-Midrange) configuration):
- Tweeter: 1-inch Silk Dome
- Midrange: Two 4-inch molded-composite diaphragm bass/midrange drivers

For use with amplifiers rated from 10 - 150 watts.

These speakers have given me many hours of listening enjoyment. I hate to part with them, but my loss is your gain! Don’t miss out on these wonderful speakers in as-new condition Will be shipped using the original box and packing materials. $80 each + cost of shipping.

Tags: CSW, home theater, stereo, two channel system,

Attachments

• MC300a.JPG
    MC300a.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 407
  • MC300b.JPG
    MC300b.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 283
  • MC300c.JPG
    MC300c.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 335
  • MC300d.JPG
    MC300d.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 229

sondecali

Auditioning
Real Name
Jaime Tarquino
Hello gregc, do you still have these mc300 speakers? My name is Jaime....Tel 650 740 6854.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks