What's new

Cambridge Soundworks, how do they rate? (1 Viewer)

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator
I have been using cambridge soundworks speakers for about 6 months. So far I love the result. I have CS movie works 2, with a basscube 10S sub. I picked em up for 370 dollars on ebay through CS, with their refurbished/return account. They came to the house in perfect condition, they most likely were demo'd in someones house and returned. Well, anyway, my question is, how do these speakers hold up to other brand names? Are CS speakers in general any good? The set I picked up sells on their site for almost 700 I think. I noticed that they had other more expensive models, do they compare with high end speakers from other reputable companies. I am just trying to get an idea of how CS holds up in the home theater universe. thanks guys, sorry again for the newb stuff

Don Bernow

Auditioning
Do they sound good to you? That is what really matters. I have a 12S with Def Tech speaker system and I think the 12S works very well.

gregD

Second Unit
For my money, very good bang-for-the-buck speakers.

Need credentials? . . . CSW made its name on the designs of speaker guru Henry Kloss.

There are other makes I like better . . . and some other popular brands don't measure up to CSW . . . to me.

Speakers vary greatly, and your own subjective impressions count the most. If you like em, nobody else's opinion much matters.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
They've got pretty good customer service. I had a CS powered sub that I bought second-hand before I got my SVS. The Cambridge developed problems over time and they fixed it no charge, free shipping, even though the warranty was up and I wasn't the original purchaser. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, they sound excellent to me. My apartment is pretty small and I can't put my sub very high. There is still so much more I can raise the sub level, save that for when I get a house. Can't wait. thanks for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks