Cambridge Newton S200 Rear Channel Question

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by swantzilla, Sep 3, 2009.

1. swantzilla

swantzilla Auditioning

I came about a pair of Cambridge Newton S200 rear channel speakers. I am currently using a pair of Yamaha outdoor speakers for my rears. I was noticing that the speaker response is only to 10K. Do the rear channels need to go higher than that? Would they be good for Dolby Digital 5.1? I am using a Boston VR920 for the center and a pair of Legacy Focus for the front mains. Thank you for reading.

2. swantzilla

swantzilla Auditioning

I came about a pair of Cambridge Newton S200 rear channel speakers. I am currently using a pair of Yamaha outdoor speakers for my rears. I was noticing that the speaker response is only to 10K. Do the rear channels need to go higher than that? Would they be good for Dolby Digital 5.1? I am using a Boston VR920 for the center and a pair of Legacy Focus for the front mains. Thank you for reading.

3. MaxL

MaxL Supporting Actor

where'd you come up with that figure? the 10khz? if online, can you post a link?

4. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Just as a heads-up, if you are interested in those, but haven't bought them yet, I have a pair of S300's that I intend to put up for sale on the forum in the next couple weeks. PM me if you are interested.

The S200 and S300 are very similar . . . .the 300 adds a monopole mode option in addition to the dipole and bipole options of the S200. I have really enjoyed my S300's and will be sad to see them go.

5. swantzilla

swantzilla Auditioning

6. swantzilla

swantzilla Auditioning

What are you replacing them with?

7. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I'd love to tell you that I'm making some huge upgrades, but I'm really having to make some compromises with my system in the next several weeks. I need to go to some smaller speakers all around, so I will most likely be replacing these with the Mirage Nanosat Prestige setup.