What's new

Calvin and Hobbes. (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
It would be easy to wonder whether any strips in the paperback editions have been altered. We have some pretty enthusiastic Calvin and Hobbes fans here and many other places; I'm certain that if there any modifications to the paperbacks or this set would have been discovered by now and readers would be howling. I've heard nothing, other than about the one we know about. Anyone know of any others?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have no idea, though if you think of the money that a popular strip like that made, if invested properly, it's possible. Hell, who really knows, the guy could be living in poverty, but it seems much more likely that he's well off enough financially, that he doesn't need to come out of retirement, and if he did, I'm sure he could get at least $901 per year to do so. :)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

He looks like Calvin's dad plus a mustache. Google Images only turns up 1 or 2 other photos of him.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looks like it dropped down to about 95 at amazon.com

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I got this for Christmas from my wife. She picked it up at Costco for $85.

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
From my favorite currently running comic. My family had a good laugh thinking of my brother trying not to go over the luggage weight limit at the airport.

Foxtrot

Don Black

Screenwriter
Hey! I had to move the set to another suitcase at the airport in order to avoid the weight surcharge! :D

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I was thinking of buying this from Amazon (the local Borders was charging a rip-off price). Has anyone here (better yet a non-US resident) done so? And if so, (a) is there a shipping surcharge, considering how heavy the thing is , and (b) did it get damaged in shipping at all?

Don Black

Screenwriter
No shipping surcharge and no damage on my friend's Amazon shipment. Overstock sent me one slightly dinged one and then another in perfect condition (again, no surcharge). I'm only referring to domestic U.S. shipments though.

Users who are viewing this thread