What's new

Calvin and Hobbes. (1 Viewer)

That's certainly possible, but it looks to me judging from the spacing of the text that "biological mother" fits in the balloon and "good mother" looks awkward in the same space. I found a mention of the change on this blog, which seems to suggest it would have to be Watterson's decision to change it. I just think there should be some sort of disclaimer. "This strip has been modified from its original version," or somesuch.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up on this one, guys. It may reflect the fact that Calvin and Hobbes were never all that big a thing in the UK (certainly not on a par with the Far Side or Dilbert) but I've just ordered it from a Brit etailer for £50 (circa $87) which by Brit pricing standards is practically giving it away (e.g. in comparison I could never find the Complete Far Side for less than £100).

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I just found about this set yesterday when I picked up a used C&H book at the local used book store. The Far Side collection im just learning about from this thread. I cant believe I didnt know about that one.
Well my christmas shopping is done for this year. Cant wait to get both of these. :D

David Galindo

Screenwriter
They had a huge stack of em- maybe 50 collections total- at Hastings for $150. Whoa.

They are extremely heavy...still debating on Amazon.com or getting it as a Christmas present.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if you subscrice to mycomicspage.com for 12 bucks a year you can read all of c & h and bloom county/outland.

the strips all as printed in the paper, including.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter

:emoji_thumbsup:
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Is there anything in the new set that can't be found in the original collections?

I own all the Calvin & Hobbes books (the individual collections plus Lazy Sunday, 10th Anniversary, etc) and I was wondering if there is a reason to rush out and buy this (besides the ubercoolness) instead of waiting until the price comes down (ala Far Side).

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Just got my set from Overstock. I am not impressed with their packing. They used an oversized box with paper filler, and not much of that, allowing the set to slam around. Surprisingly, there was no damage.

I note that Overstocks price is up - are all of their prices pegged to Amazon?

Someone griped - I don't think here, maybe Amazon - that the box containing the three books was kind of flimsy. It's a nice sturdy box comparable to the one used on The Complete Far Side. No problems here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks