Call of the Wild (1935) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

callofwildblu.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0); font-family: 'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif; line-height: 22px; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242);]Please Note: As we get closer to release date, FoxConnect will be offering an exclusive discount for HTF members on these Fox Classics.  It is their way of saying thank you for participating in the Vote Your Choice campaign.  There will be discounts on individual and grouped discs.  The discounts should exceed Amazon prices.  We encourage you to preorder from Amazon so that you may cancel that preorder should you prefer the FoxConnect discount.[/color]

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

2. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    Could it be?...

Though if we're getting the uncut film shouldn't it be 95 min? Probably just needlessly getting my hopes up.

3. Lromero1396

Lromero1396 Supporting Actor

Most likely a typo, I've read elsewhere that this is the cut version. I presume that's all that survived the dupe and junk ops at Fox in the '70s. Hopefully Call of the Wild will look decent, considering that pre-Fox 20th Century Century Pictures productions tend to come from terrible-condition prints, at least in the video masters I've seen.

Another thing, I think that the only reason (other than Clark Gable) that anyone voted for this in Voice Your Choice was because we thought we'd get the uncut version of the film. Turns out we were wrong.

Edit: the version I've seen runs 81 minutes, the BD is listed on Blu-ray.com with a run time of 89 minutes. I'd like an explanation for this, if it isn't shoddy research on that sites part.