What's new

Cables, opinions & suggestions (1 Viewer)

smith_ms

Auditioning
Hey all, I'm in the middle of a major overhaul on my home theater. I'm running a JVC 65" HDTV, Sony ES receiver, HTPC, couple vcr's and a Sony DVD player. Question is I need decent quality cables, nothing totally elite, but the perfect mixture between value and quality. Monster, AR, etc?? Also what's the best online store? Thanks in advance.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Try Calrad component video cables - I measured them to handle frequencies well beyond whats required for HD signals. Not expensive like Monster.

I guess that depends on the kind of money you want to spend. If you only want to spend 30 per cable than AR should just fine. If your inclined to throw some more money at it than someone on the forum can give you a good suggestion.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Passing a component video signal at the highest resolution, 1080, over a distance of a few meters with neglible attenuation losses is a fairly trivial task. Consider the information provided in the post, Let's look at component video cables.
Part of the difficulty in selecting among many equally performing choices is to reconcile price differences in one's head. If one spends too little one may not be pleased with the actual product's appearance or not obtain functionally useful features such as gold plated connections, strain reliefs, flexibility, etc. Additonal choices of you to consider would be the Dayton (it's a house brand) from Partsexpress or some of the KnuKonceptz offerings. As far as forum sponsers, Blue Jeans Cable is without reproach in providing speedy service. Best of luck to you.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Accessories for Less is a good site to get some decent cables at an affordable cost.

I would go with the ones from Ixos. You will likely spend less than what you would with Monster. The quality is so much better. A 2 meter component cable will run you around $30.

smith_ms

Auditioning
Well, I decided to go with knukonceptz for the component cables (I've been wanting to try their stuff for a while) and Dayton for everything else. I was going to go with accessories4less but they refuse to ship to service members. Oh well, their loss. Thanks for your input everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks