Cable Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Korstick, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Ok this is one for the cable experts. With a Laserdisc player it is preferred to use a Composite Cable over a S-Video on big screen T.V.'s because the S-Video bi-passes the line doubler on the T.V. and produces alot of interference patterns. The Composite cable gets rid of the interference but has reduced and muted colors compared to the S-video. I am using a Monster 3 cable in both comparisons. My question is would upgrading to a higher end S-Video cable than Monster( i.e. $150.00 and up cables) reduce the interference paterns and if so would it be significant enough to justify the high price of the cable?

2nd question, I have moved and I am now sitting about 3 feet closer to my HD T.V. than before and I am noticing alot of pixalization on DVD's that I barely noticed before. I am using a Monster 3 Component cable. Would upgrading to a higher end cable improve the pixalization at all?

If the answer to either of these questions is yes than any recomendations?

Thanks in advance.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

3. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Thanks for the answers Bob.
    The interference patterns I'm referring to are those caused by using the line doubler of the LD player vrs. the supperior line doubler of the T.V. This is what I have read anyways.
    I may try and upgrade the cables for the DVD player though and see if it helps. I will let you know if I do.

Thanks Again