What's new

Cable Management = Happy Spouse (1 Viewer)

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Link Removed
This is a picture of my living room setup for the first few months of living in this house. I was in such a rush to get my gear going and get unpacked in other areas of the house, it came out looking like a multi-colored pasta dish behind my rack.
liv-%20equip.jpg

This is the finished result after living with the mess for months. I had to make certain that all my HD, DVD and other sources worked well with my Pronto macros before I committed to bundling the wires together. I used to fool myself to saying that it was fine in the dark...but when my guests came over, they only saw a big screen TV and the mess of wires behind it.
Now my wife is much happier..and I am too.
Click on my HT link to see the front projector room also.

shankar

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,

That's Magick!! How did you do that??? May I have some tips??? Please?

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the encouraging words!

It really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I ran all the signal wires down the right rear of the rack, wire-tying it to the post of the rack. Then I ran all the power cords along the left pole of the rack, also wire-tying them together. The wires are obviously untangled from the first pic--that took the longest time. The final step was to run a wire raceway along the floor between the rack and the television. Since this runs along the floor molding, nobody even sees it. All my speaker wires for this 6.1 system are run down through my basement. That really makes the room shine! This process only took about 90 minutes...I am embarassed to say I put it off for so long.

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
I’m one of the lucky people that got to few the room up close and the change is huge. All the wires run under the floor which really gives it a clean and finished look. The little connector between the rack and the TV is a really nice touch. It blends right into the floor molding so you can’t even tell it’s there. Great Job- Mr. Lee!

John Geelan

Screenwriter
It does look fantastic. Very neat and tidy. The WF is a big part of HT.

I'm always working on my wife for future upgrades and such.

JohnG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks