What's new

Cable cooking (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I don't know where you get your cables, but where I get them from they don't come seasoned and they don't come cooked. Drench your cables in some extra virgin olive oil, place in a shallow glass baking dish, and add 40 or 50 cloves of garlic and maybe a couple of shallots. Marinate in the fridge for one day and then bake at 350 for 45 minutes. If you want a warmer sound, bake an additional 15 minutes.

KurtBJC

Agent
You forgot a couple of things:

If you like your sound a bit "soft," use a PVC/PE cable; it will soften nicely at 350 F. If, on the other hand, you like your cables al dente, a typical plenum cable with modified PVC jacket and PTFE dielectric is nice; the PTFE will hold up for a bit of "tooth" but the modified PVC is almost gooey after a nice bake. If you're into crunchy, best to go all-Teflon, jacket and dielectric. But some may find that crunchy sound a bit harsh and grating, especially if they're served au gratin.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
bah ...

deep fried cables are the only way to go. i just love the crunch when i eat the tip.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
I like to throw some onion an just a pinch of hot pepper in the marinate.
Ted, what kind of breading if any do you use when deep frying?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
jim - generally, for deep frying i prefer panko bread crumbs. i like how they maintain their "crunchiness", even after deep frying. give it a shot ... it's generally available in any asian food section and definitely in the ethnic markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks