What's new

Cable Box to Projector Displaying Black and White (1 Viewer)

vthokie

Auditioning
Real Name
Will Robbins
Hi all,
Here's the deal. Tried connecting the Comcast cable box using both composite and s-video to my Dell 3300MP projector and it only displays in black and white with either cable you use. Both are fairly new cables rarely used. I didn't see any bent pins on the S-video. It's not the color wheel nor do i believe its the cable box, which is brand new. Everything I've read elsewhere on the internet seems to suggest that it only takes one of those simple cords. Sounds like the projector just isn't receiving the signal or something.
Thoughts?
Thanks for your time!

vthokie

Auditioning
Real Name
Will Robbins
Thanks for the responses. Color wheel spins because it displays the laptop perfectly. Ive used a DVD player in the past with the composite input on the projector. Must have been 6 months ago.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
As long as you have recently verified it works with another source the last test is another display. Do you have another display you can hook that cable box to? If its still displaying just B&W you know you got a bad cable box ;)

vthokie

Auditioning
Real Name
Will Robbins
Connected the cable box to a TV and it was in black and white. Leave it to comcast to install a defective box. Thanks for the help, gentlemen. Figures it was something silly like that.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well...
Is this a HD box?
Uhm, maybe the HDMI is turned on? And that renders the other outputs B/W?
I do know Concast(spelled that way on purpose) and Time Werner(haha) had HD boxes that disable all other outputs when HDMI is on, so maybe???

vthokie

Auditioning
Real Name
Will Robbins
Well there is no HDMI port so I don't think thats an issue. Its the Cisco RNG100, no HD to my knowledge
http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/help/faqs/settopboxes/ciscorng100userguide.pdf

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah, I love this...what year was this cable box made???
"No color
• Verify the current TV program is broadcast in color.
• Adjust the TV color controls"
Let's make sure you weren't watching I Love Lucy, Twilight Zone or an early Perry Mason...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah well, you are now assured that Ted Turner does not own any Concast or Cisco...(you are either laughing...or you don't get it...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks