Cabinet pressure or low refresh rate?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by easterling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. easterling

easterling Extra

So since I bought my Toshiba 50" LED 60HZ tv I noticed that when the screen has a white area or is completely white and the screen pans quickly up or down, I see these faded horizontal lines.
    What I am wondering is is this problem related to the refresh rate or is it related to my wall mount?
    Thanks for your advice on this.

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

It's not refresh rate. Try taking it off the wall and using the pedestal base, if the problem's still there and bothers you enough return the set, but be aware that most led sets have this problem either with vertical or horizontal pans. Best way to avoid it is to get a plasma or ccfl lit lcd.

3. easterling

easterling Extra

I took it off the wall and left it alone for a while and still the same effect... but it just looks like a projector screen where you seem to see the white screen coming through.... I must be doing something wrong with the settings.... I even used the Disney WOW blu ray to adjust stuff but I think i am not advanced in this issue to use this...
    What do you guys think.

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

It's a defect in the tv that is becoming fairly common on many lcd sets, no amount of tweaking will make it go away.