What's new

Cabin recommendations in Great Smoky Mountains? (1 Viewer)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I'm quickly finding out that I waited too long to look into this, but...

My wife and I would like to spend a quiet weekend in mid-October in a cabin somewhere in the Great Smoky Mountains. All we really need is some semblance of seclusion, a nice view, and a full kitchen. Proximity to Gatlinburg, Dollywood, etc. isn't even a consideration since we have no interest in going to any man-made attractions, so something as far "south" as North Carolina would be fine. Cost isn't a huge consideration, but we don't need anything larger than a 1BR since it will just be the two of us.

Unfortunately, it seems that October is a "prime" season, and most places are booked and/or require a three night minimum stay. We only have time for a Friday and Saturday night stay, and it will probably be a late Friday arrival (around 10:00 P.M., unless we can both get out of work earlier).

Does anyone have thoughts on places with a two night minimum that might still have availability? I have left messages at a few places and am waiting on replies, but I will take as many suggestions as I can get. Thanks in advance!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Have you tried looking at lodging in Cherokee, NC? The town is at the southern entrance to the park. We stayed there one night the first time we were in the Smokeys, but I cannot remember which hotel. The town was much less congested than Gatlinburg.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks