BVHE Press Release: Strictly Ballroom Special Edition

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

A Miramax Films Release
    STRICTLY BALLROOM Studio: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Synopsis: From Baz Luhrmann – the director of the award-winning hits Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge! – comes the hilariously funny romantic comedy that’s sure to leave you laughing, cheering and feeling great! It’s the magical story of a championship ballroom dancer who’s breaking all the rules, and his ugly duckling dance partner. Together they make their dreams come true! Strictly Ballroom Bonus Features Include:
    • ALL-NEWStrictly Ballroom: From Stage to Screen” – brand new making-of documentary.
    Additional Features Include:
    • Design Galleries:Behind the Red Curtain Backstage Snapshots
    • That’s Looking Good Production Design
    • Dance to Win Promotional & Various
    • Yesterday’s Hero Baz's Family Album
    • Love Is In the Air Scott And Fran
    [*]Deleted Scene
    [*] “Samba To Slow Fox” Dance Featurette
    [*]Feature commentary By Director And Co-Writer Baz Luhrmann, Production Designer And Co-Costumer Catherine Martin And Choreographer John (Cha Cha) O'Connell
    STREET DATE: APRIL 6, 2010 Direct Prebook: February 9, 2010 Distributor Prebook: February 23, 2010 Rated: PG for mild language and sensuality. Run Time: Approx. 94 minutes Video: Widescreen (1.85:1) Audio Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound Subtitles: Spanish, French
    [​IMG]

2. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Howzabout a Blu-ray release? I already own the previous SE, and much of the "From Stage to Screen" material was covered on the bonus disc of the Red Curtain Trilogy set.

3. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    Ditto!!

4. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

Disney hasn't been offering Blu-Rays for the upcoming Miramax titles. I guess because they have the library up for sale.

5. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

I love this film. Two Things - what an ungly new cover !! And strange press release. Ita a great romantci drama, but hardly a rollicking comedy.

6. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I agree.....I'd buy the Blu-ray for this release as I love the film. It's my favourite of Baz Luhrmann's films.