BVHE Press Release: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Blu-ray) DVD)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, May 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

The Mind-Blowing Saga That Began in Marvel’s The Avengers Continues in 
    ABC’s Action-Packed Series

MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Relive All 22 Thrilling Episodes, Plus Get Level 7 Access with Newly De-Classified Bonus Features Available On Blu-ray and DVD.  In Stores September 9, 2014

Synopsis:

The mind-blowing saga that began in Marvel’s The Avengers continues in ABC’s action-packed series, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — The Complete First Season.

In the wake of The Battle of New York, the world has changed forever. An extraordinary landscape of wonders has been revealed! In response, mysteriously resurrected Agent Phil Coulson assembles an elite team of skilled agents and operatives: Melinda May, Grant Ward, Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons and new recruit/computer hacker Skye. Together, they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. But every answer unearths even more tantalizing questions that reverberate across the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe: Who is "The Clairvoyant”? What is Hydra’s sinister master plan; what dark secret lies behind Skye’s puzzling origins, and most importantly of all, who can be trusted?

Cast:                                “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”  stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grand Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Bonus Features:          Journey Into S.D.C.C. – Hop on the bus and share the thrill of a lifetime as the series makes its first ever appearance at San Diego Comic-Con, where the cast is welcomed with open arms by a sea of enthusiastic fans

Marvel Studios:  Assembling A Universe TV Special  

5 Behind-The-Scenes Field Reports – Get exclusive access to the show’s classified sets for the making of some of your favorite episodes

·  “The Malibu Jump”

·  “The Bridge”

·  “Asgardian Bar Fight”

·  “Classified”

·  “Cello Duet”

VFX Breakdowns – Explore the layers of effects in sequences with split-frame comparisons to the final version

Audio Commentaries with Filmmakers & Cast

Gag Reel 

Deleted Scenes

Writers:  Varies by Episodes

Executive Producers: Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers”, “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Maurissa Tancharoen (“Dollhouse”, “Spartacus”, “Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog”), Jed Whedon   (“Dollhouse”, Spartacus”, “Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog”), Jeffrey Bell (“Angel”, “X- Files”, “Alias”) and Jeph Loeb (“Heroes”, “Lost”, “Smallville”)

Release Date:  September 9, 2014

Rating:    TV PG

Run Time: Approx. 946 minutes; 22 episodes

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1, 16x9 Widescreen

Audio:  Blu-ray:  5.1 DTS-HDMA, DVD:  5.1 Dolby Digital

Languages:  English Audio

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

derosa likes this.
  2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Relieved to see that Disney is going to release the first season on Blu-ray. I would have been very surprised if they didn't, but one never knows nowadays.

3. Ronald Epstein

Owner

Ronald Epstein
    227318440,05D2AC253DAAD329F3A.jpg

4. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    The ABC logo smack dab on the front of the art is interesting...

And by interesting, I mean totally out of place.

FoxyMulder and Adam Gregorich like this.
  5. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    Why? It's ABC's biggest corporate-trademark meal-ticket aside from Once Upon a Time or Modern Family.
    Or do you just not like being reminded it's "just" a network TV series? ;)

6. bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2 Supporting Actor

Tom Hunter
    Talk about shows that could actually benefit from a HALF season release!!! The first half of this show's first season was pretty poor. It was all over the map in terms of quality and even knowing what it was. The second half of the season the show started to improve, at least to the point where I would try the second season when it begins.

But I think I will just take a pass on this one....

7. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

I think a DVD/Blu-ray release will help the show gain new fans. I agree that the first half was forgettable, but the second half- wow! I hope they explore further into the Marvel Universe for the second season as well as introducing a new character or two.

8. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    I bailed on the first half, like probably most "I don't CARE how 'magical' Tahiti was anymore!" folks did--
    Can someone give me a number where the "good" second half kicks in, when Netflix picks it up in late-summer/fall?

9. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I thought it was a great season, and I'll be getting this, especially to watch the early episodes carefully to see the hints planted about Ward's character.

Randy Korstick likes this.
  10. Bob_S.

Bob_S. Supporting Actor

Yeah, I bailed on this too. Do I HAVE to watch all the first half shows or can I just jump into the second half of these so called "wow" episodes without being completely confused?

11. Ronald Epstein

Owner

Ronald Epstein
    In celebration of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season coming to DVD and Blu-ray on September 9th we have an entertaining video of the gag reel from the bonus features to share with you! Check out the clip below.

12. High C

High C Stunt Coordinator

Andante
    I intend to get this at some point, if only for the Lorelei episode. . .

13. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    It was actually kind of odd. I was snoozing and almost stopped watching after the first half and them BAM!

Cameron Yee likes this.
  14. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

Here's the way to view the Series:

* View the Pilot

* Then skip to Episode 10. Episodes 10 through 16 can best be described as "better than average". They're not as compelling as what is to come, but they are essential viewing as set up for the later eps.

* Episode 17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" --- The first Five-Star ep. BE SURE to view the "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" movie first, though. (Coincidentally, that flick is being released to BD the same day as this First Season set.)

* Episodes 18-22 --- These are all *very* compelling and vary between four stars and five stars on a five star scale.

15. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I'll be getting this on release day; just hoping I'll have enough time to see them all before season 2 begins -- and yes, I saw every episode when it aired. I liked the first half of the season (as well as the second) which played like a very cool 1970s adventure show.

David Weicker likes this.
  16. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I would chug through the first ten or so episodes, no matter how slow they feel. There is character backstory and some events that are important in the second half of the season.

David Weicker likes this.
  17. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    Any idea why I can't go ahead and preorder this and Cap: Winter Soldier from Amazon? I mean, it's only a month out, usually I can preorder by now.

(And trying to avoid spoilers, since I haven't been able to see Cap: WS, and thus stopped watching SHIELD so I could watch things in order.)

18. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Another Amazon dispute with a studio? You also can't order Muppets Most Wanted, which comes out in a week or so!

19. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Interesting...my pre-order for Muppets is still showing as being delivered by the 14th...but I can't get a good product listing page on the site.

20. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I had the same experience, but I'm still on the fence about owning. It will come down to price, which is tempting given the deals in the Disney Movie Club.