BVHE Press Release: Gnomeo & Juliet (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

FEATURING NEW MUSIC FROM SIR ELTON JOHN

Fall In Love With This Fresh And Funny Take On One

Of The World’s Most Timeless Stories

GNOMEO & JULIET

Releases on Blu-ray™, Blu-ray 3D™, DVD, Movie Download & On-Demand May 24th

Only On Blu-ray For Fans To Enjoy: Two Really Cute Alternate Endings,

Two Alternate Openings, Six Deleted Scenes and More!

[​IMG]

[SIZE= 10pt]Burbank, Calif., April 1, 2011 – This coming summer to the U.S., don’t miss the chance to bring [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]home GNOMEO & JULIET - the hilarious twist on William Shakespeare’s legendary tale Romeo & [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Juliet as you’ve never seen it before, perfect for the whole family. Enter the secret world of garden [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]gnomes and meet two adorable gnomes from completely different worlds who fight the odds to be [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]together. From a director of Shrek 2, and featuring fun, all-new music by Sir Elton John, the out- [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]of-the-ordinary animated comedy GNOMEO & JULIET releases on Blu-ray™, Blu-ray 3D™, DVD, [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Movie Download and On-Demand – May 24, 2011. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Uniquely packaged with families’ top of mind, GNOMEO & JULIET will be made available for [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]purchase by Walt Disney Studios as either a 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray 3D + [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]DVD with Digital Copy), a 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 2D + DVD) and/or a 1-Disc DVD. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Disney Blu-ray Combo Packs provide families with an enhanced entertainment experience – with the [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]value and flexibility to enjoy your favorite movies on a variety of platforms of choice. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]And for those who enjoy to learn more about the making of the film, GNOMEO & JULIET discs [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]come enclosed with never-before-seen bonus features including “Elton Builds A Garden,” “Frog [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]talk with Ashley Jensen,”, “Crocodile Rock Music Video featuring Elton John and Nelly Furtado.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]And for those who purchase the Blu-ray Disc, it includes hours of extra exclusive bonus features [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]including alternate endings, deleted scenes and more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]“Makes you smile from start to finish.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]GNOMEO & JULIET is brought to life by the extraordinary voices of Golden Globe nominee James [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]McAvoy (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe) as Gnomeo; Emily Blunt [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt](The Devil Wears Prada) as Juliet; Academy Award winner Michael Caine (Inception) as Lord [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Redbrick; Jason Statham (The Trasnsporter franchise) as Tybalt; Ashley Jensen (TV’s Ugly Betty) [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]as Nanette; Patrick Stewart (X-Men franchise) as William Shakespeare; Ozzy Osbourne (TV’s The [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Osbournes) as Fawn and Maggie Smith (Harry Potter franchise) as Lady Blueberry. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]“It’s family-friendly fun.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt] Ashley Muldoon, OK! Magazine [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]Bonus Features: [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt]DVD & Movie Download: [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt][/SIZE] Elton Builds a Garden

[SIZE= 10pt][/SIZE] Frog Talk with Ashley Jensen

[SIZE= 10pt][/SIZE] “Crocodile Rock” Music Video, featuring Elton John and Nelly Furtado

[SIZE= 10pt]Blu-ray: [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 10pt][/SIZE] DVD Bonus plus:

[SIZE= 10pt][/SIZE] 2 Alternate Endings with Filmmaker Introductions

[SIZE= 10pt][/SIZE] Deleted & Alternate Scenes with Filmmaker Introductions, including:

[SIZE= 10pt]o[/SIZE] 1 Alternate Opening

[SIZE= 10pt]o[/SIZE] 1 Alternate Scene

[SIZE= 10pt]o[/SIZE] 6 Deleted Scenes

[SIZE= 10pt][/SIZE] The Fawn of Darkness, featuring Ozzy Osbourne

[SIZE= 12pt][​IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]Film Synopsis: [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]From a director of Shrek 2 comes your chance to step into the secret world of garden gnomes [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]— Gnomeo & Juliet. Perfect for the whole family, this fresh and funny makeover of one of the [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]world’s most timeless stories features music from Sir Elton John, and the voice talents of Emily [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]Blunt, James McAvoy and Sir Michael Caine. Caught up in a feud between neighbors, Gnomeo [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]and Juliet must overcome as many obstacles as their namesakes. But with flamboyant pink [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]flamingos and epic lawnmower races, can this young couple find lasting happiness? Complete [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]with hilarious never-before-seen bonus features, Gnomeo & Juliet is an out-of-the-ordinary [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt]animated comedy your entire family will love. We just gnome it! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12pt] [/SIZE]

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Is it just me or does it seem like this was just released to theaters? Either way I'm glad that Disney is releasing on 3D.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I thought the same thing (maybe I'm confusing it with Mars Needs Moms which came out two or three weeks ago?) but according to the IMDB, Gnomeo came out on Febraury 11 so a May 24 video release is about par for the course.

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    It opened in theaters on February 11.

I did not realize that Elton John was one of the producers of the movie. I may have to check it out.

5. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    This was just in theaters. In fact, it kind of crept in and

went out with little fanfare. Something tells me this film

didn't do very well.

In any case, big thumbs up to Disney for continuing to

release 3D product to the marketplace. They have been

doing a damn good job with their 3D releases.

6. Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard Stunt Coordinator

This film has done almost 167 million at the box-office world wide...not too shabby.

7. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Here are some film clips

Gnome Intro-Film Clip:

Balcony Scene-Film Clip:

Doomed Love-Film Clip:

8. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I was dragooned into the theater by my wife and her female friends to watch this movie and did not expect to like it. I was pleasantly surprised and found the movie quite entertaining. Good animation, good story telling, and some great music.

It's not on a par with Pixar (but who is). I don't feel a burning need to own this, unless I found a really great deal.

9. Towergrove

Towergrove Screenwriter

Sarah

Watched this film this evening. Very pleased with the 3D and the story was pretty good as well. Although, my husband was less than thrilled with the storyline. Going to let my kids watch it tomorrow and see what they think. Overall Im pleased with my purchase.