Buying Online

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Peter Chen, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Peter Chen

Peter Chen Auditioning

I'm looking to expand my small dvd collection and am looking for some advice when buying dvd's online. I know Amazon and half.com have some good prices. I have also seen good prices on asian versions that claim to be non-bootlegged. If I'm not interested in the bonus features, I might consider that route. What should I look out for? Anyone know about some smaller online outlets? Any cautions about buying on ebay?

2. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

If you are interested in Asian cinema, definitely check out DDDHouse.com. They have a good selection and fantastic prices. I have bought a number of disks from them. I have also had good experiences with HKflix.com and DeepDiscountDVD.com.

3. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

This should be in the "Retail and Wholesale Vendors" section.

4. DanFe

DanFe Second Unit

The best prices in Region 1 are www.deepdiscountdvd.com You do realize, of course, that you need a region free player to play other regions, correct?

5. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Anyone have any specific expierences with hkflix.com? I was just wondering how timely they were with shipping. I ordered something from them last week and I while I got a confirmation about the order, I was wondering if they also sent out a notice when an order actually ships. Thanks for any info.

--Ian