What's new

Buy TGIII for cheap now and not be able to use for 7 months or (1 Viewer)

PalauE

Auditioning
Okay, so I can pickup a Sunfire Theater Grand III for $2400 brand new from a local authorized dealer. Sounds great, right? Well, the bad news is I won't be moving into my house (and don't need the receiver now) for another 7 months. I will not be able to get this offer after the end of this week (store closing).

So, my dilemna is to spend the money now and hold on to it for over half a year, or wait 6 more months to purchase something else (or a TGIII for more than likely more money) in the $2-3k processor range.

Any advice?

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
If I were you, I would wait and look to purchase something later down the line. Especially with HT receivers or pre/pros, there is going to be something better/cheaper downt the line if you are willing to wait. As for the TGIII, in six months time you should be able to find a better deal on it in the next six months or so. But if you think that the TGIII will solve all of your needs in the future, by all means pick it up. JMHO, though.
ps. There are actually a lot of dealers who can sell you units that were either returned or were store demos for a great price and with full warranty, and they are usually extremely cheap and in near-new or new condition. I know of a dealer myself who does this, and I have heard nothing but great things about his stuff, and it works out for everyone, so you might be able to pass up on the TGIII now and buy an open box unit with full warranty for alot less down the line.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I would wait too. Depending on your price limit, you will be able to get a Lex MC-8 for the low $3k's very soon. Plus whatever else comes out in the meantime.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Also, the new Rote 1098 is coming out, and it looks like a winner. MSRP is $2999, so it should be street around $2500-2800.

PalauE

Auditioning
Thanks for the help. I'm glad you all felt that way about holding out because that's what I thought as well... it's just so hard to keep the money in the bank that is sectioned off for my home theater knowing that I still have 6 months of waiting till my future wife and I build our new house (and MY home theater in the basement).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks