Buy a HD TV for the first time

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John HJr, Sep 22, 2005.

1. John HJr

John HJr Auditioning

While i may be new to the HD segment i have been doing some reading and am now totally confused. my main reason for buying a HD TV is for gaming,, ie Xbox360 and PS3, i was considering the samsung HLR##78W or the comparible Mitsubishi model with 1080p, but as i looked into these sets i noticed that neither one excepts 1080p input, i know that the xbox 360 is only780p/1080i output so either one of these tvs will be fine for that, but the PS3 is going to output at 1080p, so im looking for a tv that can handle that. will i lose that much with going with either the samsung or the mitsu, when i get PS3. i have heard that HP is coming out with a DLP that accepts 1080p, but is it really that great of a tv

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
  3. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

There was a thread last week about someone having a problem with gaming on a DLP. The problem was the processing the TV does creates a delay making gaming on the set difficult for some games and impossible on others. I can't remember which model Samsung he had or which forum I read it on (here, avsforum, or audioholics???). Just be sure you buy from somewhere that allows returns or choose another display type that is not known for a processing delay.

4. John HJr

John HJr Auditioning

If not DLP what system would work for gaming?

5. Ralph B

Ralph B Supporting Actor

I run Xbox on my DLP projector and I never seen any delays or problems ever.