Buttshaker Amplifier

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by cjdame, Dec 11, 2009.

1. cjdame

cjdame Auditioning

I received 4 free buttshakers when I purchased 4 chairs from 4seating. I have read some reviews and the consensus seems to be that they are worth putting in. Here is my dilemma ... I am significantly over budget on my home theater and I am looking for a way to save any money at all. The 4seating site has the lowest end amplifier selling for $299 and they go up to $599. Three questions:

1. Are these amplifiers specific to "buttshakers" or are they just amplifiers?
    2. Is the tactile feel going to be significantly different by upgrading an amplifier from $299 to $599?
    3. Can I get a cheaper amplifier that will accomplish the same thing as the $299 amplifier?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ... I am SOOOOO over budget but would love to add this finishing touch to the project!

2. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

Cheap amp as long as it can put out the required power.. We're not dealing with "sound" just shake.

3. MadDogVAQ33

MadDogVAQ33 Auditioning

When I spoke with the folks at 4seating I was told that I needed an amplifier with volume control. Most of the amps I have found do not have a volume control, but a gain control.

Enlighten, please, with a few links to some compatible inexpensive buttshaker amplifiers.

You can respond to me at boroimbhe@gmail.com

4. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

You do not necessarily "need" a gain control on the amp because you can control the signal level going out of the receiver. Any decent amp would work. I do not have any models or brands to recommend.

5. TWO2010

TWO2010 Extra

Chris, How did this turn out? I am building (newbie) my own home theater and looking at 4seating and its shakers. I am trying to decide on an amp. Your story sounds very similar to mine. Thanks. T