Buttkicker experience

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Tobe, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Tobe

Tobe Auditioning

Hello All,

Need opinions on number of Buttkicker LFE’s for a 20x13x9 dedicated. I plan to mount them under the house, in the crawl space, on the floor joists, directly beneath the front row couch. I was thinking of just two with their BKA1000 amp. Mounting them in the couch would not be practical in this case and I’ve read it’s less likely to be localized mounting this way. Is this enough to feel anything with dual svs 20-39's running? Are these junk, or a gimmick? Do they just buzz your back end or do they feel “bassy?” Any opinions would be greatly appreciated before I spend 600 bucks on two LFE’s and the amp.

2. Jon_Liu

Jon_Liu Stunt Coordinator

Tobe, I have a single Buttkicker LFE coinciding with my SVS PC-Ultra right now. I live in an apartment and having limited volume capacity, the LFE mates with the PC-Ultra's sound fantastically!

The thing you need to remember is if you turn the amp knob too high, it won't feel all that great, but when you get the rumble to feel like actually bass extension (which it does wonderfully) then it adds yet another dimension to your movie experience!

I've had the "Bass shakers" before which really just feel like vibrating, whereas the Buttkickers actually feel like tactile frequencies running through the couch, floor, etc. I'd say give them a whirl, I am almost certain you'll be pleased with the results!

3. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis Agent

I have one installed and will install another one tomorrow under meh couches
    They go well with my SVC sub
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Tobe

Tobe Auditioning

Thanks for the info. I really need to figure out how to mount them with the furniture instead of the floor joists. My setup makes that a little difficult with running the cables. Probably go with some Berkline chairs when I have the money.

5. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis Agent

6. John H

John H Second Unit

Hello,

My viewing position is an adjustable queen size bed.

I have been using tactile transducers in my system for years. I started out with an array of 10 RBH units. Then used a pair of Clark Synthesis models for about a year. These were mounted directly to the underside of the bed which is 3/4" plywood constuction.

For the last several years I have been using 4 'original' Buttkickers driven by a pair of Crown K2 amplifiers.

I constucted two platforms 2'x4'x3/4" fitted with four isolator feet. Each has 2 BK units attached. One platform supports each end of the bed frame.

I use these in conjunction with a pair of Velodyne HGS18 subwoofers in a 2050 cf room.

I have experimented with different mounting configurations, amount and position of isolation feet etc... Mounting will affect the quality of the tactile sensation greatly!

John

7. Joe S.

Joe S. Stunt Coordinator

Joe

A queen size bed with subs and buttkickers attached? Your p0rn experience must be the stuff of legends, John.

8. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis Agent

He is a legend among women . . .