Busted Galactica DVD - By the Lords of Kobol, No...!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jonathan Perregaux, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    Frak! Well, I got to the last disc in the Battlestar Galactica television series, popped it in, and my player said "Can not play this disc." I tried it two more times before giving the disc a look, and guess what? There was a huge crack running radially from the center hub outwards on one side of the disc. I'm pretty sure I must have broke the disc getting it off the hub.

Needless to say, I'm bummed but I also don't want to have to return the entire frickin' Cylon head to the online retailer just to get one disc replaced. Does anyone know if Universal has a disc replacement policy and how to contact them if they do?

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yep that Digipak is a disk mutilator that forces you to pry and bend the disks to get them out. Oh How I hat Digipaks. If all my Disks survive my viewing they are going into a nice 6 disk keepcase with Ric's Artwork.

3. Matt_Marlow

Matt_Marlow Stunt Coordinator

I had that happen to one of my X-files discs and had to return the whole set. Luckily I had purchased it locally, though. You'd think studios who release Digipaks would have some type of system set up to allow you to replace a single disc, since I doubt that cracked discs are uncommon with those types of cases.

I had a hard time getting Galactica DVDs out too, but since taking them off the hubs a few times it's gotten easier.