What's new

Bust-A-Move (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Simple question: Which to get, Super Bust-A-Move for PS2, or Bust-A-Move 4 for PS1? I've only played older editions of the game. Which of these current editions has better gameplay and more features?

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Bust-A-Move 4 for PS1, without a shadow of a doubt. I have both (though the best is Bust-A-Move 4 for Dreamcast, due to the clearer graphics the Dreamcast can do), and Super Bust-A-Move is an abomination. The game control is fundamentally broken, the new graphic style seems designed specifically to show of the PS2's lack of anti-aliasing or progressive output, and I really wasn't kidding about the game control.

Yes, its so bad it does need to be mentioned twice. Get Bust-A-Move 4 for PS1, and thank the Lord you didn't waste your money on Super Bust-A-Move as well, like I did.

Andre F

Screenwriter
The PS2 version is way too busy for me. The background graphics start to hurt my eyes after just a few minutes.
-Andre F

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
You managed a whole few minutes Andre? the massive amount of interlace flickering from all those horizontal black and white lines can't be as bad at 60Hz as they are in 50Hz PAL. I got a headache after about 40 seconds.

Andre F

Screenwriter
You managed a whole few minutes Andre? the massive amount of interlace flickering from all those horizontal black and white lines can't be as bad at 60Hz as they are in 50Hz PAL. I got a headache after about 40 seconds.
My Wife and I try to play every once in a while since she likes puzzle games so much! After a few rounds we are both done for...speaking of puzzle games, any good ones to recommend for the PS2?
-Andre F

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I think Bust-A-Move 4 is too much really. All the different 'characters' try to add depth to a game that doesn't really need it - and some of them are quite annoying with their animations.

Also, the music is a huge disappointment - it is just downright annoying, IMHO.

My first experience with this game was Bust-A-Move 3 on the PSX. I loved it - simple yet addicting and great music. Rushed to get #4 for my DC and was supremely disappointed.

/Jeff

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Really Jeff? I rather liked the new features of 4; while the new chain-reaction multiplayer mode feels rather random at first, once you learn how to master the change its a whole other thing; you really have to be careful about launching big strikes on your opponent, as a major strike just not quite powerful enough to overwhelm them can quickly be returned to you with interest.

Generally with puzzle games, however, you're better off buying the best of the PS1 slate rather than any of the PS2-specific games I've tried. Thats why I bought a Gamecube as well, so I can play the genius that is Super Monkey Ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks