What's new

Burning a AVI file on DVD Problem--No Audio--Need Help (1 Viewer)

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but I have a AVI file that's pretty big on my comp (1.7 GB). After I started playing it, I noticed there was no sound, and the Windows Media Player stated I needed a AC3 Filter codec.

I downloaded it, and the sound is great on the computer--everything works fine.

But when I go to burn the dual layer DVD (file is big), I pop the burned DL DVD into my PS3 and only the video plays--no audio.

I try to play it in another player, too, and same situation happens. Any help would be great. My first thought was that the PS3 or DVD player needs the same codec installed to play the audio on the dvd properly--like my computer needed.

If so, is there any way to do that? I don't have my PS3 hooked to the Internet...is there a way to burn a codec to a CD or dvd and have this work? Is it another issue I'm not seeing?

Thanks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A little aside question. Why did you burn it to a DL DVD? 1.7GB is only about 1/3 the capacity of a single layer DVD. Aside from that, burning computer files and playing them back on DVD players has far too many variables to address. You might check into a more specialized forum like videohelp.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks