What's new

Burn Notice Season 6 (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
mattCR said:
Loved the season finale; it seemed a bit disjointed from the episode beforehand; like a piece was missing (?)  But still, I love how fast paced it moved, good action, great character moments.. I have no idea what kind of deal it was that Michael cut in the end.   We'll have to see next summer
And it appears that they're renewed for only a 13-episode seventh season. In a very good way, I pray that this means it's the end. I wouldn't mind if the show concluded after this point, without overstaying its welcome.
This back-half was some of the best Burn Notice we've ever had. I quite like how the show's focus and format have been tweaked enough that it feels fresh and exciting once more. And again, moreso than it ever has. Stakes are raised, people are dying, and it's a little less predictable than it was beforehand.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Those last episodes were no doubt exciting, but I kind of started rolling my eyes with the Reilly character going so totally off the rails as she did. Does the CIA have no watchdogs who oversee what their operatives are up to? Two rotten apples like the McGinley character (forgot his name - Card?) and Reilly do all of this dastardly stuff completely unchecked and none of Reilly's underlings have anything to say about her consorting with cartels? She may be their boss, but there would have to be checks and balances or a chain of command that agents could use to rein-in an out-of-control boss. I thought it was pushing suspension of disbelief to the max with those last episodes.

As for the 13 episode next season, 13-15 episodes is what most of these cable series order (and some like Southland only get 10). Burn Notice remains one of the highest rated of USA's shows, so I'm not sure its demise is imminent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks