What's new

Burger King Commercial - Coqroq (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
http://www.coqroq.com/

Obviously we've all seen the commercials with the band that wears the chicken masks, but is anyone else annoyed that a fast food chain is trying to look "hip" by using this technique?

Not that it's offensive, but the whole Coqroq (obviously stated as "Cock Rock"), just doesn't work for me when trying to sell fast food. Or am I just too old now? :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Slipknot 's managers already have a lawsuit filed for copying their masks and music.

What a world we live in where people in grotesque masks performing heavy-metal music aren't original, in fact they're so similar to another group of grotesque mask wearing heavy metal musicians you have to sue them!

Read about it HERE

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
"Or am I just too old now?"

Ding ding ding. ;)

I pretty much despise about 90% of the advertising out there. It's all geared toward 15 yr. olds.

I like the Geiko(sp?) ads, especially the 'caveman' ads. :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

They're okay. I thought the Squirrel ad was a sheer stroke of genius and I'm fond of the Geico Gecko.

The creepy weird return of the Burger King landed BK on my boycott list of 'Restaurants With Ads That Turn Me Off," where they currently share space with Sonic and Quiznos. Incompetence shouldn't be rewarded when there are a million food choices under the sun.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I can deal with the rock band commercial. Its the stalker King commercials that freak me out.

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's stupid yet funny. It doesn't make me want to go buy the chicken fries or whatever, so it's a waste of BK's money. I find it amusing that they say "cock rock" on the commercial.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
BOB YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a good things they went with chicken fries and not Rings.

then they would have COQRINGROQ

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
First the Subservient Chicken, and now this...

I actually thought the "why did the chicken cross the road" angle (check out the lyrics too!) was pretty funny (in a Spinal Tap sort of way), with the first several band members getting obliterated in their attempts...

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
So will they have an ad where one of the band memebers is hitting on a woman and one of the other guys cuts in?

Will they call it Coq Bloq? :D

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The real question is: Has anyone been motivated to actually eat the chicken fries yet?

And I remember when I was a youngster in the 80's and I could recognize all of the "artists" in the top ten. Now I usually have only heard of three at the most. I feel old...

Brad

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Are we just getting older or have things gone a bit out of control? Remember the days when we'd see fast food ads about the Fry Guys and Mayor McCheese? Now we have Ronald in dreads, popping "caps" in punks, to relate to the 'younger' crowd. :D (j/k)

I think Wendy's needs to fight back by hiring Marilyn Manson as a spokesperson...Ahhh, the beautiful cheeseburgs, the beautiful cheeseburgs!!!!

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Eh, when the local university's mascot is a "Cock" (Gamecock to be exact...), you get kind of used to the old Beavis & Butthead humor (Uh-huh-huh...you sais...).

As for the Chicken fries, I had them (before seeing the commercial) and I wasn't very impressed. Too dry, too much batter, not enough chicken. 'Nuff said.

Now, the Burger King "Wake Up with the King" commmercials...those are just plain creepy.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'll take the new commercials over those devil-from-hell-king commercial's, Linda Blair exuded more warmth and kindness than that thing! :frowning:

Also, I can see why they were trying to cross that road, did you guy's see the honey they were trying to get to!? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks