Burger King Commercial - Coqroq

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarkHastings, Aug 22, 2005.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

http://www.coqroq.com/

Obviously we've all seen the commercials with the band that wears the chicken masks, but is anyone else annoyed that a fast food chain is trying to look "hip" by using this technique?

Not that it's offensive, but the whole Coqroq (obviously stated as "Cock Rock"), just doesn't work for me when trying to sell fast food. Or am I just too old now? [​IMG]

2. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

I think grown men wearing chicken masks is the funniest thing since monkeys on roller skates. [​IMG]

3. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Slipknot 's managers already have a lawsuit filed for copying their masks and music.

What a world we live in where people in grotesque masks performing heavy-metal music aren't original, in fact they're so similar to another group of grotesque mask wearing heavy metal musicians you have to sue them!

Read about it HERE

4. BrettB

BrettB Producer

"Or am I just too old now?"

Ding ding ding. [​IMG]

I pretty much despise about 90% of the advertising out there. It's all geared toward 15 yr. olds.

I like the Geiko(sp?) ads, especially the 'caveman' ads. [​IMG]

5. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

They're okay. I thought the Squirrel ad was a sheer stroke of genius and I'm fond of the Geico Gecko.

The creepy weird return of the Burger King landed BK on my boycott list of 'Restaurants With Ads That Turn Me Off," where they currently share space with Sonic and Quiznos. Incompetence shouldn't be rewarded when there are a million food choices under the sun.

6. MarkHastings

Yup! Old and "proud"! [​IMG] or is that "prude"? [​IMG]

7. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I can deal with the rock band commercial. Its the stalker King commercials that freak me out.

8. KeithMoechnig

KeithMoechnig Stunt Coordinator

I think it's stupid yet funny. It doesn't make me want to go buy the chicken fries or whatever, so it's a waste of BK's money. I find it amusing that they say "cock rock" on the commercial.

9. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

BOB YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a good things they went with chicken fries and not Rings.

then they would have COQRINGROQ

10. Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson Supporting Actor

First the Subservient Chicken, and now this...

I actually thought the "why did the chicken cross the road" angle (check out the lyrics too!) was pretty funny (in a Spinal Tap sort of way), with the first several band members getting obliterated in their attempts...

11. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

So will they have an ad where one of the band memebers is hitting on a woman and one of the other guys cuts in?

Will they call it Coq Bloq? [​IMG]

12. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

Yeah, I heard that and thought they'd signed Tommy Lee as their new spokesperson. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

13. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

The real question is: Has anyone been motivated to actually eat the chicken fries yet?

And I remember when I was a youngster in the 80's and I could recognize all of the "artists" in the top ten. Now I usually have only heard of three at the most. I feel old...

Brad

14. MarkHastings

Are we just getting older or have things gone a bit out of control? Remember the days when we'd see fast food ads about the Fry Guys and Mayor McCheese? Now we have Ronald in dreads, popping "caps" in punks, to relate to the 'younger' crowd. [​IMG] (j/k)

I think Wendy's needs to fight back by hiring Marilyn Manson as a spokesperson...Ahhh, the beautiful cheeseburgs, the beautiful cheeseburgs!!!!

15. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

I actually thought it was Slipknot with a sense of humor.... oh well

16. Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter Stunt Coordinator

Eh, when the local university's mascot is a "Cock" (Gamecock to be exact...), you get kind of used to the old Beavis & Butthead humor (Uh-huh-huh...you sais...).

As for the Chicken fries, I had them (before seeing the commercial) and I wasn't very impressed. Too dry, too much batter, not enough chicken. 'Nuff said.

Now, the Burger King "Wake Up with the King" commmercials...those are just plain creepy.

17. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Those chicken fries were disappointing. I've had good cafeteria school food, and it ranks below that.

18. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I'll take the new commercials over those devil-from-hell-king commercial's, Linda Blair exuded more warmth and kindness than that thing! [​IMG]

Also, I can see why they were trying to cross that road, did you guy's see the honey they were trying to get to!? [​IMG]