Bunion Surgery, Anyone?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by xoxopeaches, May 17, 2012.

1. xoxopeaches

xoxopeaches Auditioning

hi, i am 18 years old and have had bunions as long as a i can remember also. They became more painful as i got older and they restricted me as a runner. i have dreamed of bunion surgery, until yesterday. i finally had my wish come true. i didn't care how much it would cost or how much it would hurt i wanted it gone! unfortunately i could only get one done at a time, but its easier this way because it is extremely painful, and difficult to get to bathroom, etc. I highly recommend bunion surgery if it is something you have wanted for a while. i just finished my first year of college and devoted my summer break to a renewed foot! i cant wait to wear sandals. for the time. im stuck in bed, in lots of pain. the first day was pretty bad, but the second day is better. i will check back up with you in a few weeks and let you know how it went. good luck if your decide to have the surgery! i think it will be worth it

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Hi tori, hope it goes well and welcome to Home Theater Forum, please enjoy your stay.

3. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Tori, from personal experience I can tell you getting one foot done at a time is the only way to go. You would be a total invalid for an extended time if you did both at once. My doctor gave me pain medication would I don't recall needing for more than a week. That's not to say the pain was gone, it still hurt, but not so that i needed pain meds. You know, I probably tapered them off in the second week.
    Another thing that helped with the pain for the first 24 hours was an injection called a nerve block. I was given it before the surgery and it lasted for close to 24 hours. Basically, it was like I had no leg below the knee, none that I cold feel. That meant the worst day for pain, there was none.
    They've probably issued you crutches and a shoe that's basically a sandal with a board for the sole. Don't forget, you can get a temporary disabled sticker so you can park in those reserved spots.

4. Xandra

Xandra New User

Xandra Luann
    If you decided to have the bunion surgery I hope you will be free from pain once you recover.