What's new

Bungie + Next Gen = Destiny (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Tino said:
Loving this game. Yeah the story is confusing and Dinklage's performance is classic camp, but it's a helluva lot if fun. Got it for the Xbox 1. Gamer tag is Buster Capone.
Damn, any PS4 owners?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Sent Ya a friend invite Tino. Game is growing on me, should hit 20 before noon tomorrow.
Wow, leaving me behind! I haven't had much game time so only about midway through 8. Send me a friend request so I can use my Destiny app to see when you're online, Sam. You too, Tino!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Bryan^H said:
Damn, any PS4 owners?
Sorry, Bryan, :(

I almost pulled the trigger but Halo remains a MS franchise and I could only get one next-gen console, so it was Xbone for me. Some time in the New Year though, if I get a bonus at work, I may end up getting a PS4 (depending on if they release some compelling exclusives).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have you friended Carlo, I am not sure how friends work any more, I think they went from everyone following both ways to one way only, so you two may need to add me: Kadath

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Weird - I'll double check when I get home. Yeah I don't understand the new Xbone/XBL system either. It was so much easier on Xbox/360 + Halo...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Work's been killin' so I haven't been able to play as much, but I just leveled up to 10 and got some new weapons and armor. Nothing compared to what the level 20s are rolling with, but let me say that the jump from pre-level 10 to 10 is palpable. Whereas before I was fodder for enemy fire, needing others to bail me out, I'm suddenly holding my own against forces that previously overwhelmed me and caused me to respawn. Finding more powerful weapons, and matching it with what you're personally good at using (a very important component, just arming yourself with the highest "rated" gun that you suck at using is doing yourself a disservice) makes all the difference in the world.

May try to be online tonight or tomorrow after work, but I know that's tough for east coasters like Sam. I'll look for people online, and Sam I'll send you a text when I'm going to log on. Hope to see some of you soon!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I had no idea where best to share this, but my copy of Alien: Isolation arrived from Amazon yesterday for Xbox360. I don't have anything to play it on (yet) - but I got all giddy when I opened the box.

This. Is. Going. To. Be. Awesome!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Looks cool, Neil. Unfortunately Destiny's going to suck up the little bit of my free time I have for video games until...Halo Master Chief Collection comes out for XBone. And then I'll have to split playing time between my old friend Master Chief and my new friend The Hunter in Destiny. :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Damn game is getting addicting. Leveled up to 12. Still don't have mastery of using grenades or special powers. Primarily a shoot and melee guy. It's weird not picking up grenades a la Halo. I guess there's a recharge until you get another grenade? Also I accidentally used the super power once. Was cool. But not sure how long the wait is until the recharge occurs. I'm a Hunter class.

Anyway, will try and experiment some in campaign. At some point I'm going to go on my first Crucible multiplayer and get my a$$ handed to me I'm sure...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For sure Sam. I also gotta learn how to stop getting my a$$ handed to me in Crucible. Three matches in and I'm a total bullet magnet. Doesn't help that I don't know the multiplayer maps at all, so I'm learning the terrain while learning how to fight in that environment, whereas seemingly everyone else knows the maps backwards and forwards.Is there a way to enter and scout the sites without entering Crucible matches? That's one thing that was super helpful in Halo was that you could create private events in the matchmaking arenas and either explore the area by yourself or with friends to get acquainted with all the areas of the maps. If there isn't a way to do that in Destiny, that's a major negative in my eyes.

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
Carlo Medina said:
I also gotta learn how to stop getting my a$$ handed to me in Crucible.
Once you learn, could you teach me?

I'm flat out inept at all online multiplayer, with the apparent sole exception being the Ghostbusters game that came out a few years back. However, that was more cooperative rather than "shoot everybody in the face" like the majority of multiplayer modes in games.

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
Sam Posten said:
There is no way to compete against 15 year olds who play 12 hours a day =p
You've got that right.

I've been getting my money's worth from the PvE stuff alone, although it seems that to progress any further I need to start doing raids, weekly strikes, and more Crucible. Hopefully some of the upcoming DLC will rescue me from that.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I keep missing you guys. Shoot me an invite if you see me online

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Carlo and I did a few missions today then I did the weekly strike with my buddy who is 29. I held my own in the walker and Sirkis areas but I got my ass handed to me repeatedly in the Warehouse area. This guy tho was just bouncing around like crazy, best I have ever played with, he can solo the mission easy. Got my final 3 coins to go buy the warlock wing helmet from Xur, now I am very close to 25 woo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks