What's new

Bulb Life?? (1 Viewer)

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, I have a Sharp XR10XL I use for my PC monitor and it is a nice having a rather large screen.. Now I have a Question about using the Bulb After the Hours are used on it..

What I did was Reset the Hour counter on the Projector and it fired back up and looked like a new Bulb nice bright image.. Now I was reading in the manual that this is NOT reccomended to do this and the bulb can either burnout or Explode?? I was wondering How much more use could I get out after I reset the Hour Counter and reusing the old bulb which still works but not sure for how long??..

I had already used 2500Hours on it, its Life Expectancy but it still works??Should I chance using it till it burns out or just get a new bulb for it??

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
If you are happy with the current picture (not too dim), then I would use it until the picture becomes too dim or it burns out.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The listed lifespan is time to a reduced performance level (brightness), not MTBF. (mean time between failures) I have an InFocus projector. Some users have reported lamp life near 10,000 hours, 4x normal.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
in some of my experience, bulb-life is related to the number of power on/off cycles almost as much, if not more than, the number of hours on the bulb itself. So if you tend to run the lamp for, say 4-hours at a clip, then you might get, say, 25% more hours before failure than someone who runs it for 90-120 minutes at a time.

(all of the numbers are "out of thin air," and have nothing to do with reality, but are for example purposes only.)

Leo

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The engineer that helped design the InFocus 4805 stated that they estimated that each strike of the lamp was equivalent to 2 hours of usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks