What's new

Building PC for live audio recording/playback (1 Viewer)

JasonRuiz

Auditioning
I think most audio editing programs will allow you to inset cue points (I'm going to check the couple that I have) but I'm not sure, another way you could do it though, is break it up into several smaller wav files, then they'll be just like tracks on a cd, and the person can fast forward through tracksinstead of having to press ff for a long time. I think that this would be the easiest and best way to do it.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I was hoping not to have to manually insert the cues by breaking up the file. I have the newest version of Nero....I'll have to dig into the program and see if it allows this to be done automatically.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
Unless you will soon be doing multi-track editing/mixing, perhaps one of the folks in your church has an 'old' pc with an SB16 sound card and a 2-4X writer they could donate for now...

All you would need is a fairly large hard drive for wave recording. 16 bit stereo (or mono) eats space quickly (I forget the rate).

Then all you would need is a 'good' mike. Digital is digital.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I will be doing multi track within the next 12-18 months. I may dabble in it some sooner if I wind up getting a new mixer.

I could cobble something together from spare parts I have at home, but for once I'd like something that's a little better than the normal "enough to get by with for now".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks