What's new

Building my own Fluance System (1 Viewer)

Greg_Mitch

Agent
I was considering purchasing a set of Fluance speakers but instead of buying the prepackaged set wanted to build my own. I was going to buy the AV-5 floor standing speakers and the AV-SC center with the AV-BP2 surrounds. My questions would be if this is worth the extra money. I know all about the rave reviews of fluance speaker packages, but the whole value thing steps out and they happen to be great speakers for the cost but now I would be spending about $475 with shipping on this set and I still need a sub. Is the extra cost warranted? Or should I look at another set? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

TommyWMedford

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, a few months back, I purchased the SX-HTB, along with the AVSC center, and, I thought the system was pretty good for the money. It really wasn't something that I could be happy with in the long run, so I sold it, and put together a very good Polk RTi system from Circuit City. Their RTi speakers are on clearance to make way for the new models, and what would have cost me over a $1,000 a few months ago only cost me $420. Here's my setup:

Polk RTi38's up front $140 a pair
Polk CSi30 center $100
Polk FXi30 surrounds $180 a pair
Sony 50 watt sub (soon to replaced with an SVS sub)

You can go with the Fluance setup if you wish, and you may even love it, but I honestly think that Polk setup would make you a lot happier in the long run. It's something I can be happy with for years to come. So, if you can, call the CC's near you, and see if you can get a good price on their RTi speakers. You really can't do better for your money. I hope this helps.

Thomas

Greg_Mitch

Agent
If only there was a Circuit City in Iowa!! I guess I am stuck out here in farmland/heartland and they don't think we like modern conveniences. No..seriously, I have heard mixed reviews about polks. Just for reference they will be hooked up to a H/K AVR-325 and in a medium sized room with one wall open to kitchen. I liked the idea of getting a floorstanding speaker but not if the extra money doesn't warrant it. Has anyone heard the fluance AV-5's?? Also thinking about finishing it off with the Dayton sub from Partsexpress.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks