What's new

Building a new duplex, budget ~$20K (1 Viewer)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hello, I'm looking to build a new duplex next year and as part of the home I'm planning on pre-wiring for audio and for a home theater. Currently I have a 2-channel system consisting of Sharp Aquos LCD, transmission-line loudspeakers, Naim separates, Rega turntable, HD-PVR, Oppo 983 DVD, SqueezeBox Duet, Harmony 890 Remote, and HDMI switch. I'm planning to move many of these components into a dedicated music room, so I can concentrate on a new home theater build.

Hoping to keep her under $20K including taxes and installation for an unobtrusive 5.1 system in the living room, LED television, and a Control4 system throughout the 3-bedroom duplex for audio/lighting/security. Any advice for what components I would look at within this budget? Is there anything I should be specifying to my developer for the wiring? Any caveats or things I should take into consideration?

Cheers,

Alon

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Alon-

I haven't followed Control 4 for a while. Since your budget includes control of several rooms can you back that part out of the budget and let us know what your budget is for just the home theater components and install for that room? That would make it easier to come up with some recommendations. I am assuming the room with the HT will be one of the rooms controlled by the Control 4 system?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks