What's new

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Limited Edition Complete Boxed Set (2 Viewers)

Joel C

Screenwriter
I canceled a $140 order with DigitalEyes to wait for the DDD sale. Knowing my luck, it will go out of stock at DDD and I will end up having to pay much more than even $140 to actually get a copy.... though it all depends on how limited this actually is.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm glad to get a notification that Amazon is shipping my order, I used a gift certificate I got as a present on it, granted, I could save about $13 from ordering it via DDD, but 1. DDD might have sold out of it already, considering Amazon has stopped listing it because they met their quota, and 2. DDD takes a long time to arrive, I'll be more than happy to have the Buffy collection sometime later this week.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
just curiously, is anyone bypassing the online thing with this set and hoping to get it at the store? I remember being able to save money with the Sex and The City collection by waiting to get it physically instead, but Buffy doesn't seem to be advertised in any circulars.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't planning on getting this box set, but for the $112 price from DDD after applying one of the numerous 20% off codes, it was a no-brainer. I'll have to unload my individual sets, but I think I should easily break even to get a more compact box set and the 40th disc.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Theres a review in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly. They said it was good but it could have been better.
They wanted to know where things like screen tests and The unaired pilot are??

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I agree with EW. I also wanted commentaries with the entire cast and crew on every episode and feature length documenatries about every episode and Joss Whedon should have delivered it to my house too. :) I can see a nerd fan wondering why the bonus disc doesn't have more but c'mon a legit magazine is wondering why a set that is beyond dirt cheap and essentially just a re-release doesn't have more stuff? The answer (which should have been obvious to a magazine that is supposed to be knowledgable of the entertainment industry) is because Fox was looking to make some easy money not spend money.

Also note the irony that they give high marks to edited sets like The Cosby Show or Rosanne but they think Buffy is lacking? :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
So for those who already have the series sets but are getting this one to replace them:

Are you basically buying it just for a big box and a Best Buy-type bonus disc...is it worth it?

MattHR

Screenwriter
Gord,
I saw that photo of the packaging. Are the individual seasons in CD-sized jewel box/DigiPaks? It's not easy to tell from the photo. I was hoping for a bunch of double ThinPaks.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Anyone else bothered by their selection of "group photo" which contains Seth Green but excludes Emma Caulfield (who was in about three times as many episodes)? Hell, even Amber Benson was featured in more episodes than Seth Green.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Wow, those pictures made me decide to say the heck with it, I don't like the packaging.

I'll be cancelling my order.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

I love the packaging. 40 discs, none of them overlapped or doubled up. Special features listed on the back of each digipack, and a booklet with plot synopsis. A great way to do a series boxset: Classy and compact.

My only nitpicks:
No cast list! Not in the book, or on the Digi-packs. Kind of strange.

I'm skeptical to how limited this is. Unless there was a sticker on the wrapping, this thing isn't numbered at all.

But, I'm damn pleased with the set. While I probably wouldn't double dip to get it, I'm sure as hell pleased with the deal I got!

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
That's a nice looking piece of packaging. Already own the seasons, so no need for a re-buy. Any chance of Fox offering the box/packaging alone for purchase?

mike.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, sold all 7 seasons on ebay, and made about 160 bucks after you factor in what I paid to ship them all out, etc. etc.

So 112 from deepdiscountdvd.com was DEFINITELY worth it. I like the compact packaging. Hopefully they'll follow suit with ANGEL next fall. This is good for people who want to free up some shelf space.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
After looking this set over in Costco last night, I would much rather have the original individual season sets. The box and contents add nothing at all and don't look as good on the shelf. This set is strictly for those yet to purchase the season sets. The bonus disc is hardly worth mentioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks