What's new

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Limited Edition Complete Boxed Set (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure they think it's just a mistake in the original pricing point (they probably think it's a repackaging of all the previous 7 seasons). I'm sure that'll go down in months.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Does Amazon.ca prices typically fluctuate? I'm new to the site, having given up on DVDSOON. Yesterday it wouldn't let you actually pre-order it at the 149.00, it stated it as unavailable as opposed to pre-order. Now that the price is up, it will let you order it.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad now that I lost those auctions on ebay.

> As a reward for buying the discs early, you get nothing and all the people who waited will now get the special rewards

You could say the same thing about many CDs, books, games, just about any media product that get reissued and/or have steep price cuts.

If you bought the sets when they came out, you got the pleasure of watching & owning them.

Just to let you know that in region2 also a Angel Complete DVD collection will be released. Amazon.co.uk has it for pre-order (and so is Play) for also the 31th of October. Price is around the $200 for all five seasons.

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Yup...the link to my $28.87 now results in "File Not Found"

Well...we'll see what happens in November I guess...

CynthiaH

Agent
Steve, I think you'll likely receive an email telling you that they had to cancel your order. I think they only let mistakes in pricing stand for a certain percentage. In your case, they only charged 30 dollars for something they should be charging 200+ dollars for. They cancelled one of my orders when they had made a mistake and charged less than a quarter of what they should have been. I wouldn't draw it to their attention or anything, but don't be surprised if it gets cancelled.

Jeff#, the 139.99 linked by Tony above IS from the US site. :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
$140 from Amazon is more than fair, especially when you factor in free shipping. I've ordered my set!

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Hmm. I'd only need to get $20/set for mine to break even. Of course, that's a LOT of discs to worry about not being defective or scratched in a set, and it's a royal pain to have to trade the whole set for another that could have similar problems when you buy online. (I still haven't checked all my Andromeda S3 discs I had to replace.)

If they came in thin boxes and took up less shelfspace that would be nice, but even then, 40 across is pretty big and can cause problems on the shelf when in one big box. Anxious to see packaging. Hopefully, we'll see it before the price goes up.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I hope we get the UK cover instead of a generic repackaging of the seven sets we already own with a cheap bonus disc in a paper-thin pack.

TimothyO

Agent
It's actually cheaper at Amazon.com which surprises me. I'm debating about whether or not to order it now or wait to see if the price drops anymore than it already is.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Does anybody know if each season is in its own individual box (inside of the big box)? Or are all the discs in the one big box?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Oh, that's not a problem. Just put it on your bottom shelf (that's on the surface of the floor anyway) at the beginning or end of the row! :D

Jeff#

Screenwriter
That makes me glad I don't have OCD. My DVDs are only in order by genre, TV seasons, and in some cases (feature films only) by director.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
I'm OCD, so I understand you there.

I really really want this, but I don't think I'm going to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks