What's new

Buffy Season 7, When? (1 Viewer)

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
Looking at the release pattern for Buffy so far in Region 2, it has been two seasons a year. One in May and one in October. Does this mean that Season 7 is only a month away? The fact that it has yet to be screened on terrestrial TV in the UK suggests that there may be more of a wait on this. Anyone have any possible info on this?

James Reader

Screenwriter
They are advertising the latest VHS sets on UK television with a strapline "Not aviailable on DVD until 2004"

Based on past releases, I would guess March for Angel and May for Buffy.

Let's hope the delay means we get lots of supplements (and all the supplements too - I don't want to find out the R1 set has additional supplements when that is released)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Word on the street, not confirmed at all, is that Fox is looking to sync season 7 in both countries. Right now, the main Buffy syndication track is showing 6.3, which means that we have around 8 months will 7 is clear(gasp, isn't that May :) )

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Word on the street, not confirmed at all, is that Fox is looking to sync season 7 in both countries.
You mean they wanna release it in both the US and UK at the same time? Cuz that would mean it won't be until December 2004. Granted, Season 7 wasn't exactly Buffy's finest hour, but I'd like to complete the collection a little sooner than that.

I just hope Angel Season 4 is released soon. Season 3 came out in March, so it's already been over 6 months.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Fox has been accelerating the Buffy releases. Buffy 5 in December, rumor puts season 6 in March. I have no idea if it's true, but since they'll be clear of syndication woes why not

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I enjoy the show, but I will be passing on season 6 and 7... I just think the quality diminished and that the writing started to get weak because they didnt know what to do...

Joss has said the show was not meant to go beyond Season 5 as in what the original intention was... He should have done what he was going to originally... Take the good ideas that he had for season 6 and place them in Season 5...

Neither season was anything to write home about IMO... It would have been better off for the show IMO if Buffy just stayed dead at the end of season 5 and they stopped there...

IMO, the show hasnt been truly good since season 3 in general... Every season had it's good episodes though... Season 2 was probably my favorite in general as a whole...

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I enjoy the show, but I will be passing on season 6 and 7... I just think the quality diminished and that the writing started to get weak because they didnt know what to do...
I also mentioned to a friend of mine that I wished they had stopped at season 5, but then she reminded me that we wouldn't have Once More With Feeling and Tabula Rasa, nor all those Star Wars references during season 6. I shut up immediately! :b

Ang

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
These are some of the early specs for season 7 that was announced on the R2 Project site

"Buffy Slayer Collection - Featurette - Angel Character Profile" 14m 16s
"Buffy Slayer Collection - Featurette - Spike Character Profile" 15m 0s
"Buffy Slayer Collection - Featurette - Faith Character Profile" 15m 0s
"Buffy Slayer Collection - Featurette - Willow Character Profile" 14m 38s

James Reader

Screenwriter
Personally I don't think these are from season seven. I guess, from the titles "Collection", Fox may be releasing a number of Best Of's first.

James Reader

Screenwriter
As I predicted, Play have the Angel series 4 set down for a March release, so I'm, staying with my May 2004 estimate for Buffy season 7. :D

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
That makes sense. I figured we'd have to wait a year between Angel releases since they've caught up to the current season. The good news is the set looks loaded. There are either 6 or 7 commentaries(although I was disappointed there isn't one by Sean Astin for the episode he directed).

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Season 7 is reportedly due out in the UK on April 5. Specs haven't been confirmed yet, but it's expected to include commentaries for the following episodes:

Lessons
Selfless
Conversations With Dead People(cast and crew)
The Killer In Me
Lies My Parents Told Me
Dirty Girls
Chosen(Joss Whedon)

Anyone wanna place bets on whether or not Sarah Michelle Gellar participates in the extras this time around? :)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
why so late this season..? I mean, S6 was like out last June? That's 10 months! Here in the US, although we're behing they're every 6 months and even less for Angel which has been sped up release date-wise...

Grr, Argh....!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks