What's new

Buffy S5 and Firefly delayed? Conflicting reports (1 Viewer)

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
In other news, it looks like Fox is temporarily delaying the release of the next seasons of Buffy and Firefly. We'll post more details when we get them from the studio.
This was at the digital bits. I was hoping one of are TV gurus could shed light on this.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
yes, I'd like more details please! My wife will be pissed about Buffy, and I was looking forward to Firefly.

Ric

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, I emailed my Fox PR contact and asked if the two sets were delayed and received a 1 word response:

"Nope"

So either The Bits has information that hasn't made its way around the company, or the delay is just a rumor.

Gord

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks I was hoping it would come this X-Mas so someone could get it for me(so I don't have to buy it) Too many other DVDs I want:D

Joshua_W

Second Unit
I really wish they'd just go ahead and rush the final seasons of Buffy out. Give us S5 in December, S6 in January or February, and S7 shortly after.

I'm dying to finally get to see "Once More With Feeling."

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Ooooooooh Glorifica, she's so gorgeous she could be a goddess. :D Buffy S5 is probably my favorite due to the Glorifica theme and Clare Kramer. Glory in my opinion was Buffy's greatest nemesis (not counting Angelus, aka Evil Angel) followed closely by Calab(S7). They made Adam(S4) seem like a poor joke. :)
I sure hope it's not delayed. :frowning:

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
I just took a look on Fox's official site foxtvdvd.com and they say coming soon (12-9-03). So I wonder where the Digital Bits got there info.

Michael thanks for changing the title I thought about adding a question mark before posting but I forgot.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like the rumor of delay was perhaps in reference to the sixth season. The Digital Bits says:

Also, be aware that Fox is listing a street date of 7/6/04 for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Sixth Season (just FYI).
I cannot beleive they'd waste an entire seven months with zero Buffy releases. That's nearly a whole year! Or more than half a year, anyway. Far too long. The only explanation I can think of that could explain such an asinine delay would be that it is an effort to force Buffy-craving fans to pick up that "Angel" show in the meantime. But I won't do that.

I hope they come to their senses and don't blow the whole first half of 2004. As it is I am jonesing for season five.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
The only explanation I can think of that could explain such an asinine delay would be that it is an effort to force Buffy-craving fans to pick up that "Angel" show in the meantime. But I won't do that.
I've picked up that "Angel" show and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm currently working my way through both Buffy Season 4 and Angel Season 1 for the first time (just past the halfway point on both). I can't imagine why someone would want to skip Angel. I knew going in that season 1 wasn't really highly regarded, so I didn't have high hopes. Knowing what I was getting into, I really have no complaints with the show up to this point. And from what I understand, later seasons really start finding their groove. Personally, I can't wait. :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
My reluctant with Angel is that the few minutes I've seen of it, it looks like a less... oh this is going to sound silly ... it looks less like a realistic universe than the one Buffy is set in. I mean, in Buffy, the vamps and such stick to the nighttime, but it is a perfectly normal town otherwise.

But as I understand it, in Angel there's bartenders with horns and stuff? I mean, I appreciate that it is set in LA, but...

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I would say that Angel is less consistent than Buffy in terms of how aware the general public is of the demon/vampire situation. It's a minor thing, but it does bug me on occasion.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I thought both shows are pretty consistent. Everyone knows, but they don't talk about it. It's sort of a dirty secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks