What's new

Buddy looking for 37-42" HD LCD or Plasma around 3K What to get? (1 Viewer)

KyleS

Screenwriter
I have a close friend that is looking for a new Flat Panel TV from 37-42" and will be wall mounting the unit a wall in his new house. I have searched around a little bit but have not shopped for the new LCD/Plasma screens for some time now and really dont know what is the best for price/performance on the market.

Here are his requirements:

At least 37" but not larger than 43" (with speakers 47") wide.
HDTV Compatible
Around 3K or under would be great.
Reliable brand (someone with a track record).
Widescreen

He will mainly be using this unit to watch movies on with some television that will be coming in from DirecTV. So what are everyones suggestions? Any great deals out on the Dell's that I am unaware of?

KyleS

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Check out Dell. Their latest panel will meet the requirements of price and performance.

Mort

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You might want to check some other feedback, but the best looking LCD set I've seen recently in the new Samsung 40 inch set -- the 408D. Apparently the 409D is debuting soon and is supposed to have a different/even better backlight, but it's all rumor for now. I'm sure some of the new 1080p sets will be coming out as the year progresses, but it always depends on the timing. It was set up next to the new 1080p Westinghouse 37 inch set and even after adjusting both as best i could by eyeball I thought the Samsung was just stunning - crisp, sharp, excellent color and black level.

Unfortunately, the price was right at 4K MRSP, but that includes a built in HDTV tuner and before some of the sales prices.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Yeah 4K is more than he wanted to spend on a unit but that does look like a nice set. Has anyone had experience with the new LG Plasma screens?

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks