What's new

Buckaroo Banzai in Canada? (1 Viewer)

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
I have tried to see on the HMV/Futureshop sites to see when this will be released here and for how much $$.

There doesn't seem to be an entry.

It is being released on the first week of January right?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I have looked also and have not found anything. I wonder what is up. What is the release date in the US again?

David Echo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey there,

I'm in Montreal and a friend of mine visiting from Vancouver informs me that he was told by someone at Videomatica(?) there that B. Banzai was only available as an import disc from the US in the $40 range(!) WTF?

Does anyone have confirmation on this? I'd like to know the facts before I start bitching about it.

Thanks

Dave

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
The skinny I have on buckaroo in canada, is this. Apparently, mgm, does not have the rights to buckaroo banzai in canada. I received this info from a cinema one store manager, who was told this by their distributor. Who does have the rights, he wasn't told.

This type of thing happens all too frequently in Canada. Witness the movie-only version of Momento here in Canada. Why? Because Alliance Atlantis has distribution rights to memento in canada, but they don't have the rights to the special edition content on the columbia tri-star disc.

JoeDeM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I got mine at DVDwave, they got in 120 copies from the US, they are almost out. Also Columbia House Canada has it listed in the current mailing.

Chris M

Second Unit
Hmm, I didn't know this... good thing I ordered the following from Amazon in the US, the first 3 we KNEW we couldn't find in Canada, and BB was just a fluke I guess:

1) Mannequin

2) The Hobbit

3) Return of the King

4) Buckaroo Bonzai

Sheesh,

Chris

Todd_Peter

Auditioning
There was a bunch of them at A & B Sound locally in British Columbia, Canada. I think they were $24.99 each if I remember correctly. Saw about a dozen there yesterday.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered mine from the states and had it delivered. It ended up costing~$35 cdn- THE SAME PRICE I SAW IT FOR ROUGHLY AT HMV THE SAME DAY IT WAS DELIVERED!

And I had called DVDwave twice a week for a couple of weeks leading up to the release. They said they weren't getting it in. HMV said they weren't getting it in. So I ordered from deepdiscountDVD and now they all have it!.

I just wish these store would know when they are getting something in .

PS

Has anyone noticed HMV has become super pricks now that Sam's has closed down. No more returns, no cards to be stamped and the prices have risen. Futureshop for me!!!

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I just ordered mine from Columbia House Canada for $16.99! They had their buy one, get one at $10 off sale. The regular price is $26.99 less the $10 off.

Marc.

JoeDeM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Has anyone noticed HMV has become super pricks now that Sam's has closed down. No more returns, no cards to be stamped and the prices have risen.
It amazes me that a place like this stays in business, the mall by my house has a Walmart, Music World and an HMV, and most titles are $10 more!! at HMV. Sams was no better, no wonder they went under.

If you live in the North GTA, DVDwave is a good place to go, they get most US imports, and are usally a little less than the Future Shop/Wallmart, also don't forget Zellers(small selection).

Daniel I

Stunt Coordinator
Where is DVD wave located? I live in Woodbridge and would love to find a specialty shop with good prices!

Daniel

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Where is DVD wave located?
On Leslie St. Just North of 16th Ave. It's in a small strip mall on the West side of the street (actual address is 9688 Leslie St. - 905-787-0600).
Note the, ahem, lovely pastel shades on the garage doors of the houses across the street from the storefront. Kinda frightening actually...:)

Could somebody post the Columbia House Canada DVD club selection number for Buckaroo Banzai? I haven't recieved the latest magazine yet, and don't want to wait any longer to order it. (I tried to get it from customer service, but they couldn't find it)

Thanks,

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks