What's new

Bryston 3B-ST or 4B-ST (1 Viewer)

David Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you guys for sharing your opinions/experience. I just purchased a 1 year old Bryston 3B-ST last night. I will hook it up tonight and, if I have the time, do some critical listening between the Denon's amps and the Bryston.
Just as a side note, on the QC report that came with the amp, it does indeed give power ratings for each channel into 8 ohms (153 watts left channel, 154 watts right channel), however, it is at 2 kHz and not the 20 - 20000 Hz that I was expecting. I have no doubt though that it is indeed 120 watts RMS, both channels driven, 20-20000 Hz.

Yogi

Screenwriter
Yogi's opinion would be in the minority.
I would agree to that statement. B&K's (and so do Rotel and Parasound) have a tendency to hide minor flaws in recordings (and other associated equipment ahead of it in the reproduction chain) esp in the upper end. So you can get away with inferior equipment and still have a fairly good sounding system. With the likes of Bryston and beyond(Krell, Proceed, Mark Levinson etc.) all your other associated equipment has to be top notch in order to have a phenominal sounding system. Once everything in your chain is perfectly matched you would have a phenominal sounding system that the likes of Rotels, B&K's and Parasounds cannot touch. So what I am saying that it becomes extremely important to have a good match between all your components in order to have good sound from a revealing amp like Bryston. So if all your other gear is mid-fi adding a Bryston would prove counter-productive and might leave you with an unsatisfactory sounding system. In that case you would be better off with a forgiving amp like Rotel or B&K.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks