What's new

Bryan Ferry's Boys And Girls M/C SA-CD (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
It's now available! It's a Euro SA-CD. I know Red Trumphet has it. I got mine from Amazon U.K. If you liked Roxy Music's Avalon and his Frantic, you're going to like this one. Stereo or M/C this is a winner. The material is great, Slave To Love and Windswept are among my fav's of his. The guest players include Mark Knopfler, David Gilmour, Marcus Miller, Neil Hubbard, and that recurring saxophone is David Sanborn.

So, boys and girls, Boys And Girls is waiting for you.

cwhite

Second Unit
I always thought that album would had been Roxy Music's follow-up to Avalon if they had stayed together. I've been patiently waiting on this one to come up as a domestic release and I guess it won't happen. The CD still sounds pretty good and I can't cough up the $32.99 listed on red trumpet.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Charles, I think it's a bit less on Amazon U.K. I paid 13.61 Pounds and 1.95 pounds to ship it and another disc. I'd have to go check the exchange rate to be exactly sure. BTW, the other disc was Simple Mind's CRY SA-CD.

When you put something in your basket at a Euro Amazon, the price includes 17% VAT (tax) but when it's established that it's being shipped outside the E.U. the VAT comes off the price. It's certainly wasn't a cheap disc for me but I think I did better than Red Trumpet's price.

I hope you can snag one someplace priced to suit you, or atleast that you'll grudgingly tolerate.:)

cwhite

Second Unit
I've cut back on my CD/SACD purchasing appetite since Christmas. I'm now sitting on the sidelines waiting how this whole situation(SACD is dead/SACD is not dead) will play out. However, I will keep my eye out for this one because I really want to hear it in multi-channel. Maybe if the tax refund is substantial this year, I might get it as a gift to myself.

seanJ

Agent
Haven`t heard this one for a while.... remember it as being very much in the style of "Avalon", in the UK " Slave to Love" was a hit single.
Didn`t realise it was out on sacd so may well pick it up.
Roxy, though they have a following, seem to me a tad underated these days - they had a pretty hot run from `72 thru `82.
"For Your Pleasure", "Siren" and "Flesh And Blood" are personal favs....

Regards

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Sean, look at the guest artists on this album. How could this cast make a bad album. It's more than a hit single. I think it's a better album than Avalon, it's so, neorock-see. Buy it, pronto, si said the Spanish waiter. What possible excuse could you have for notting out. It's actually sold in your country! Best wishes!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks