What's new

Bruce Lee: The Legacy Collection- ARE ALL UPSCALED (1 Viewer)

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
Lee.jpg

Fortune Star version on the left Shout Factory US blu ray on the right.

People on AVS and Blu-Ray forums already have the set and uploaded tons of examples, but yes they are all SD up conversions.

This is a bummer.

Sources:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1483023/bruce-lee-the-legacy-collection-from-shout-factory

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Shouts POLICE STORY I and II BluRay was an upconverted transfer. My DVD looked better. So this is no surprise.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
This makes me glad that so many of the Vincent Price films were letterboxed transfers so MGM had to do new transfers to go anamorphic. Apparently, the transfer of Pit and the Pendulum playing on HD channels is said to be quite good.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Glad I held off on pre-ordering this one. Thanks for the post. Has Shout commented on it?

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
Shout commented, specifically Cliff MacMillan.
Short answer he told a lie, long answer he tried to shift the blame on Fotokem making things much worse for hi,.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
JoeDoakes said:
This makes me glad that so many of the Vincent Price films were letterboxed transfers so MGM had to do new transfers to go anamorphic. Apparently, the transfer of Pit and the Pendulum playing on HD channels is said to be quite good.
Dealing with MGM (or any other studio) is a lot different than dealing with Fortune Star.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
FanboyZ said:
Shout commented, specifically Cliff MacMillan.
Short answer he told a lie, long answer he tried to shift the blame on Fotokem making things much worse for hi,.
Link? I cannot see anything from Shout.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
so he's claiming they aren't upscaled? I'm going to hope Mr. Harris or the HTF get a copy for review.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks